Take That, Covid: Ten Days of Top Ten Vacation Moments with OBNurse and Fam

We did not spend time taking the droids around. We did them at the end of the night.

You can totally take them on rides and we saw many people doing that.

Your timeline doesn’t allow you to actually eat the Ronto Roasters unless you’re going to eat in line. Either way I would push the Droids a little later by 15-30 minutes. Might I suggest Docking Bay 7 as a superior choice for eats though??

A SWGE night is just awesome. Do all the things. Don’t forget the blue and green milk.

2 Likes

Personal mission to get you to 3k.
I just read this on allears.net
Nomad Lounge is a sit-down spot that only accepts guests through the Walk-Up Waitlist — you can book this first thing on the day of your visit by checking the My Disney Experience app or visiting the podium.
It looks like you have to be in proximity to the restaurant to join the walk-up waitlist, so you can’t secure a spot before you arrive in the park. On a CL4 8-7 day, how easy/hard or realistic/unrealistic is it to think we can show up around noon and be able to hit the Nomad at 5ish?

You definitely have to be pretty near to the restaurant to join the walk up list. And, the walk up list often doesn’t function when there is actually seating available. So don’t be discouraged if you open it and it says that it’s full. Definitely approach the hostess stand and inquire. I would expect anywhere from a 60 to 120 minute wait depending on the time of day. 3 PM seemed to be a time it which it got fairly dead in there and I would bet that 5 PM might be a time of day when people would be heading over for late afternoon libations or pre-dinner drinks. If you can adjust your plan to get closer to the 3 PM time frame I think your wait will be less. I arrived at 1 PM on one visit and had a 90 minute wait which was actually perfect because it allowed me to have a quick service lunch and then my table is ready. On my other visits I arrived 30 mins prior to open and got my choice of tables – and obviously picked the best one on the porch, right up against the rail :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Okay, cool - thanks. We will go there (hostess stand) first and adjust accordingly. It should be easy enough to work around it since we have a QS lunch and no FPs.
Only 350 or so more questions and we’ll get you over the 3,000 post mark!

3 Likes

I’m Jenn (Jennifer) and DH is Tim!

4 Likes

I’m Jen/Jenni and I once had a boyfriend named Tim. He’s a disaster of life by now though.

5 Likes

Great report! Lots of fun to follow along! We go back in January with my in-laws (their first trip since idk 25 years ago!) . I think you’ve convinced me to reserve sci fi- none of us have been there! I’m also debating liberty tree - but for me it might just be for the ooey gooey toffee cake…is it worth it? Anyway loved your report and all the banter and fun in the thread!

1 Like

I can never leave mine. Or I have to find another Tim so I don’t have to do laser removal. Every big fight I have to ask myself is it worth removing the tattoo. :joy: But it sounds like there are a lot of Tims out there for us Jens.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:notes: Jennifer, Juniper :notes: (again) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Alright I finally put together the budget for an adults-only February 3-6 with park hoppers! It’ll be my first time with park hopper tickets. I put the budget before DH and he didn’t say “no” so I consider that my go-ahead :joy: I pitched it as our last chance to go just the two of us for YEARS since we’re hoping to plan to try to conceive baby #3 in the late spring/early summer (yes, this mess of a sentence was intentional)

I have us staying at PO-FQ right now, but we’ll see!

14 Likes

If you like running of any kind, a runDisney event is a great reason for an adult only trip. Your health should come first after all! And training for a race in the winter is the perfect wait to stay healthy and exercise!!

2 Likes

I love how @OBNurseNH has inspired so many solo and adult only trips!
(Me included.)

4 Likes

I am the voice of reason, after all!

I apologize to your financial planners and budget managers for the impact I have had there, however.

8 Likes

Since both of those are also me, all is forgiven. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink:

4 Likes

bateman

3 Likes

Did you just Bateman me?

NO CATNIP FOR YOU!

1 Like

Ummmm, honestly the first solo TR I read was @Randall1028 and that was my greatest influence for the solo trip. And there are others that also fly solo that need a nod @Dreamer @DumboRunner @galuchies_463555. I’m sure there are others I’m missing.

5 Likes

Those are all solid solo reporters, I agree completely! I follow them without exception when they are in the World.

1 Like

Yes, and I admire your ability to do LIVE reporting too! Makes it so much more fun.

2 Likes