SW:GE Opens end of August

Yes, honestly I would expect the gondolas to open before the summer even. They are testing them pretty close to operational now. They need to do some CM training and emergency drills and whatever they are digging up at CBR, but the gondolas are REALLY close.

The question to me is how fast they can get Riviera up and running!

2 Likes

OPTIMISM! @bethro23

4 Likes

Oops, sorry!

I mean, I do get that some will be worried about crowds. But WDW is busy anyway. Avoid DHS is the best advice for anyone not wanting insanity.

1 Like

Although, I am still freaking out a little bit.

2 Likes

I’m actually hoping they will open for our trip starting Memorial Day since we are staying at CBR, but wasn’t sure if that was wishful thinking!

Now, what I’d really like to know is how EMM will change for the Studios. I had planned on doing this. I wonder if SW:GE and TSL will get separate EMMs or all combined into one. I’m betting on separate.

4 Likes

Noooo! I am freaking out an need advice.

We specifically scheduled a trip to Disneyland May 25 - June 1 in order to do Disneyland one last time before the craziness of Galaxy’s Edge. We live in Atlanta and usually visit WDW, so this is a pretty special trip.

I don’t know what to do. Should we cancel? We could maybe move it up a couple of days but that’s about it because of children’s school schedules.

Yes, we could switch our plans and do WDW at the end of May, but we were really looking forward to a “less parks, less stress, less walking” kind of trip.

I think that he was joking…maybe he is spending too much time with the Brits😉

3 Likes

I’m going late September and was also hoping to avoid it. Staying at Wilderness Lodge I’m guessing those of us who have hotel reservations are lucky since I have a feeling many folks are going to be calling this week to make new reservations. As a shareholder, I’m guessing revenue is about to go UP!

I’m only taking DS6 and leaving DW and DS10 at home and was then planning a trip with them a year later after it had hopefully died down. I wonder how long after the initial opening the Rise of the Resistance will open. If I had to pick, I would have preferred that Rise of the Resistance open first.

1 Like

Also wondering about that. I would imagine separate events. Hoping for separate events because we were planning on TSL EMM.

Me too.

1 Like

I see what you did there.

One thing I have wondering is if it will really impact the park crowds much, OTHER than for SWGE. I mean, HS in general will be higher crowds, but won’t most of those people be either in line or walking around SWGE? If so, it might (and I emphasize MIGHT) keep wait times down elsewhere in the park, as well as keep folks occupied and therefore crowds lower in the other parks.

3 Likes

I wonder if the rest of DHS will be slower if everyone is trying to cram into Galaxy’s Edge.

2 Likes

:rofl: I see what you did there!

1 Like

You may be grossly underestimating the number of fanatics and the level of their insanity.
I’m happy because hopefully it will have a chance to die down by the time i go in late fall 2020.

1 Like

I think it will bump crowds in all parks…who goes plans a trip to WDW for 1 park…I wouldn’t think many!

4 Likes

The fanatics who are ONLY going to see SWGE. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yep

1 Like

What happened when Pandora opened? Those lines are still insane but how was it at the beginning? Did all parks become crowded or just AK. Might be the best thing to compare, then add more time because Star Wars has a following, while Pandora I had to look up before our trip.

1 Like

Going August 25th to Sept 2 because of the lower crowds…OMG…What will this do to the other parks which during the week are generally CL 1 and CL2 that week!!!

2 Likes