SW:GE Opens end of August

Anyone know what increase SWGE adds to HS capacity? If not, I suspect we are about to find out.

Perhaps the crazy fanatics who descend on the first few days/weeks may plan a trip just to SWGE but after that I suspect that all the regular SW crazies (I say with love and respect) will plan vacations to visit, bumping up crowds everywhere.

1 Like

Kenny the Pirate said no EMM for SW:GE at this time. No FP for it, either.

2 Likes

Going similar time to avoid the crowds. Guess that’s out the window

1 Like

My plans had HS on Aug 25th in the afternoon and Aug 30th for rope drop with the extra magic hour at 8. I am just thinking about what time I need to get there because I assume it will not be a normal rope drop…maybe I need to completely change my plans because convincing my DW and kids to get up at 3-4 am to get at rope difficult will be a tad difficult…LOL!!!

2 Likes

So much for my super chill girl’s weekend Sept 26 - 30th staying at Yacht Club. PACK A SLEEPING BAG LADIES, IT’S ALL STAR WARS ALL WEEKEND.

4 Likes

Us too! Chose last week of August because I thought we’d be safe from GE…now we’re at ground zero :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

OMG!!! This was the actual day we had planned to do DHS. Already have an ADR for lunch at Sci-Fi. This is going to mess up everything. Dear god.

2 Likes

Went to the Disney site and picked the first week of September to see about availability. A couple thing I noticed.

1. For Pop Century, modes of transportation list Skyliner for those dates. So that seems to be confirmation it will be open by then.
  2. No “Sun and Fun” discounts available, despite having the option listed. If you select it, it says no rooms available.

I think that Disney expects a lot of cancellations from those who took advantage of the Sun and Fun or Free Dining discounts. But now, they will likely re-book those same rooms at full price.

Where’s he getting that info? I highly doubt they won’t have FPP.

Edit: I stand corrected. Wdwmagic has said the same thing - no FPP at first.

2 Likes

Lots of availability on the UK site. You can go incognito and change your setting to UK English…and I know that I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs.:wink:

Anyone think this may increase park crowds BEFORE it opens as well as people scramble to get in before the madness begins?

2 Likes

All the blogs seem to be saying no reservations and no FP.

1 Like

There is room availability at full price. But I mean, nothing available at the discounted rate, despite the discount being listed on the site.

1 Like

Its interesting because free dining was available to UK guests throughout September and only a couple of weeks ago I used PL to add two days to an AKL reservation at about £200 less than the rack rate. 31 August is the end of the UK school holidays.

1 Like

I worry about this tremendously as we are scheduled to be at Disneyland the week leading up to the opening.

I was looking into Aug dates. Maybe we should go the week before. It’ll be totally dead, right? :joy:. Alas, my once in a lifetime trip in November has lead us to plan another. Now with the Star Wars dates, I can officially start planning…

2 Likes

There was availability earlier. I checked it on a whim when the news first broke. People are booking up all the discounted rooms. I checked for that week. AKL standard was 259/nt with sun and fun.

1 Like

Good to know. (I mean, for a moment I thought Disney was trying to get a bunch of money from folks by doing this! Glad to know their motives are entirely pure.) :wink:

3 Likes

Lmao.

1 Like

Just added smugglers run to my Nov TP - 0 wait :rofl::rofl::rofl: And it’s quite accurate, because that is how long I plan to wait …0 minutes

10 Likes