SW:GE Opens end of August

Just announced at the Disney Investor Annual Meeting.

3 Likes

Holy cow this wasn’t what I was expecting!

More details…

I don’t think anyone was expecting it. Only one of the two attractions will be open at that time though, the Falcon ride.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll be in the World in October, had hoped it wouldn’t be open.

11 Likes

Samesies!

Usually they’re late, if anything… Early is usual…

Wow!!! Well atleast everyone knows what to expect. I’m sure it’s throwing a wrench in to some plans.

1 Like

Noooo I’m going in early November and I was hoping to dodge it!

4 Likes

I think that is just the Disneyland part, right?

Disneyland SWGE is opening in May.

Yes, but not with both rides.

This is going to make my November trip both amazing and frustrating.

4 Likes

Evidently it sounds like this may be the case (opening with only one ride) on both coasts, but it is only confirmed for Disneyland.

I’m going to look at the bright side. With it opening earlier, hopefully most of the insane fanatics will have it mostly out of their system by the time May 2020 rolls around.

5 Likes

I was thinking the same for my Nov 2020 trip!

But I do feel for the September crowd who I’m sure were not expecting this.

7 Likes

Same! Going in early October and again mid November…I was hoping that at least one of those trips would be prior to GE opening!

I’m so bummed!!! We moved our trip from October to a September in hopes of NOT being there when it was newly opened. Now I’ll be there 6 days after it opens :weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::crazy_face:

5 Likes

Next Crowd Calendar Update: all crowds jump to 10 for Aug 29 to end of year.

12 Likes

That’s crazy early, but best of luck to all of you who had planned a late-summer/early-fall trip hoping to avoid it. (Or just, you know, planning your regular F&W vacation.) I’m both a little sad that I’ll miss it, and very relieved our spring trip has no chance of overlapping the opening. Well, maybe more than a little sad, I would have loved to at least see the Falcon!