SW:GE Opens end of August

I think they are actually being really smart about opening in “phases” with the delayed second ride. Without a single THIS IS IT opening, they will spread the crowds around. Mayyyyybe some people will hold off until the land is fully completed? HAHAHA :sob:

4 Likes

me too. I am so bummed…thinking about cancelling my trip now

2 Likes

I feel folks should sue Disney. People made plans because they said “Fall”. Fall doesn’t start until late September. They are ruining things for those folks who actually believed them!

Okay. Maybe not sue them. But at least give free fast passes for SW:GE for those who had already booked vacations BEFORE this announcement during those dates.

Who is with me? (As I back away, quietly.)

13 Likes

NOOOO! We can do it!

1 Like

I’m with you @ryan1

1 Like

talk me off the ledge @TheProphetPaul

The cynic in me believes they are being smart in bleeding the fans wallets twice not in crowd control.

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’m a first timer, we were going to go in September regardless because it’s my son’s bday but I was relieved to hear how low crowds tend to be. Now I am super nervous especially with a 2 year old in tow.

1 Like

DS21 very happy. DD25 wants to cry. :joy:

6 Likes

So @len - I imagine this throws off the crowd calendar predictions - just a little… :rofl:

6 Likes

For fun, wanted to see if things were getting booked.
I’ve never seen that before.

7 Likes

I’m not sure what I’m going to do… Maybe some of the craziness will die down after two months (doubtful)? Maybe I can just avoid HS but I really wanted to do EMM HS for my Toy Story loving DD.

1 Like

I do agree with this as well. Hope that the die hards will come for both openings. But I do really think that it will keep at least some percentage of people away on 8/29 if the full land isn’t open.

@bethro23

1. With a phased opening, crowds might be spread out over time (at least a bit, hopefully)
  2. It opens 2 months before our trip, so plenty of time for the real fanatics to go before us (hopefully).

“Hope” is the key word here. Perhaps a New Hope?

2 Likes

Anyone expect the gondolas to open before this?

1 Like

Well I don’t see why, to be honest.

I mean, the fact they’re opening early means anyone who booked for the Fall will get to see at least the land and do one ride (assuming you’re prepared to wait).

Are you suggesting they should compensate people who booked hoping it wouldn’t be open? In any book, opening early is a good thing. If you don’t want to see it, don’t go to the studios. Or cancel a trip.

Expecting compensation because you don’t like Star Wars is quite frankly ridiculous.

I am staying offsite at top of september and having to make daily ADRs, sigh - hopefully they will still be available.

I wonder if all park CLs will go through the roof or just HS.

1 Like

This is exactly my dilemma! We skipped HS 2 years ago because there wasn’t anything for little kids and now I want to do Toy Story and Incredibles and Lightning McQueen but I don’t want anything to do with Star Wars with two kids under 4. I’m definitely not cancelling! But I’m super bummed.

3 Likes

My post was meant to be tongue in cheek.

9 Likes

Although, maybe a SDD FPP might be available then…ROFL

8 Likes