Storybook Dining At Artist Point: A Review

A few weeks.

Not worth complaining over

The menu has changed on the web sight to show what @OBNurseNH had been served.

Mushroom Bisque

Crispy Mushroom

Hunter’s Terrine

Chicken, Black Truffle, Stone Fruit Preserve, House-made Pickles

Wicked Shrimp Cocktail

Soy, Miso, Avocado, Thai Chili, Greens

Someone asked about menus changing for the seasons so I checked some of the menus for my upcoming trip and found this. They also seam to have some new entrees.

3 Likes

I wonder if the Internet has kind of changed things. We all know what we’re going to see prior to seeing it. So many of us will walk into Star Wars Land having already seen it on-line, and having certain expectations, rather than (like on my honeymoon in the early 90’s) walking in and seeing it all totally brand new.

If you hadn’t seen the “presentation” on the internet, you probably would have thought it was pretty cool. Not awesome-cool, but pretty cool.

I think “expectations” can go a long way towards whether one enjoys what happens. Sometimes, they’re built up & let down… other times they’re low & one is pleasantly surprised.

This isn’t a knock or complaint of any sorts, just an observation about human nature that I believe we all have a tendency towards. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps true in part.

But nothing could erase the hurried fashion with which our server basically threw it into the table.

2 Likes

Dang, he threw it into the table? Okay, that’s messed up.

I mean not literally, but it was very much hereyougookaybye
:running_man:t2:‍♂

1 Like

As someone allergic to mushrooms AND shellfish, I’m no longer sad that I couldn’t get a reservation.

DD is allergic to shellfish and cinnamon. She will not be with us this trip. All I can think of is shrimp and cinnamon rolls like Goofy singing the eat until I die song.

Okay maybe not so gluttonous but I will enjoy some while at Disney
5 Likes

Thanks for this @OBNurseNH. Thanks to ressie finder, I was able to score this our first night. Question, do you recall how long you were there? Trying to determine if I have time to make it back to BLT to see MK fireworks (MNSSHP fireworks)

1 Like

Let me check!

We arrived at 6. Were seated at 6:15. And had dessert at 7:25

I knew it. It was rushed.

2 Likes

thanks

I dunno maybe I should give up my ressie for a family with kids :slight_smile: and just do Geyser Point

1 Like

Geyser is AMAZEBALLS

1 Like

I think you might be a genius. I’ve booked Storybook Dining for December, mostly because I love visiting Wilderness Lodge, especially at Christmas. I’m attracted to Geyser Point, and it’s quite a saving.

I might ditch my reservation. Good call.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building I knew the cost per adult. But when your receipt stares me in the face, the reality of the cost sets in. I could be looking at $280 for 4 “adults” in December! And I would be upset if the experience is less than acceptable for the cost.

Because really, you don’t go to TS at WDW necessarily for the food. You are paying for the experience, too. For the money, we can probably get really good food and excellent service at Flemings, Ruth Christ, Alexander’s, or Fago de Chao.

I also noticed the suggest tip on the receipt. Do people really tip 18%-20%? Even for subpar service?

Oh boy. Turning this into a tipping thread…

:popcorn:

(To answer your question: yes)

1 Like

I have a reservation at Storybook but after reading about the mixed experience and mixed food quality, it has me wondering if it is “worth” the money. We are 4 adults, parents and two collegiates. All have foodie type palates.

@bethro23 @OBNurseNH @sanstitre_has_left_the_building What would you order at Geyser Point?

1 Like

@stlouie, if you are foodies I would stop at Territory Lounge for appetizers before heading to Geyser Point.

1 Like

The food was very good. But the service was not. And the food was too fussy for my plain Jane family (but not for me!).

I would get the burger at geyser. Perfect.

1 Like