Storybook Dining At Artist Point: A Review

I’ve had the Storybook experience. It was fine. I don’t need it again. And I’d be perfectly happy with a burger at Geyser Point. Nice view, see the geyser going off. Dine whenever I like, not tied to a time. Still get to see Wilderness Lodge.

Easy call for me.

2 Likes

I’ve just got back from a nine night trip.

I gave 18% where the service was acceptable. This happened once.

I gave 20% where the service was what I expect of Disney. This happened on every occasion bar two.

I gave 25% where the service was exceptional. This happened once.

5 Likes

Sounds relaxing after a day of touring and no ADR to get to!

2 Likes

No need for tipping thread. I was amused by the recommended tip and wondering if people tip that much for subpar service at Disney. We often tip 20%.

1 Like

It may be worth a first try for us.

:yum:

1 Like

Was the Hunter’s Gift to the Queen in the little box with the dry ice or was it on the plate as seen in the photo?

I love you @sanstitre_has_left_the_building I think I will give up my ressie at Artist point. 1,23 release

1 Like

Mine? Was in a glass box, no dry ice, and hastily plated without ceremony. I was so disappointed in the service

We visited Storybook Dining on October 13th, and I can say by far that was the BEST food I have ever eaten at a theme park!
My kids (16 & 13) also really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
I had the pork with clams and it was the most delicious pork dish I think I have ever had.
The Evil Queen interaction with guests was fun to watch and we loved getting to visit with Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy and catch the Queen on the way out.
It was very well done and quite intimate experience. Our glass box had the dry ice and was a neat experience.
I would highly recommend this dining experience with anyone who loves the Snow White characters.
-Shane

4 Likes

I have a res but I’m choking on the cost for three “adults” and two kids…

2 Likes

The cost was indeed one of the most expensive dinners we had at WDW, but in my honest opinion, was well worth it. I had 3 “Disney Adults” and all of us ate everything on our plates.

1 Like

We LoVED it as well. However, our daughter was 2, therefore free. I loved it, but I will wait til she is older to do it again when I know she will enjoy the food more. This was her very first Disney experience with characters. We did this on our arrival day. She was so scared of grumpy and dopey that she was in our laps crying when they were within 3 feet of us. Made it challenging to really enjoy our meal. But we still loved it and I would recommend it. We just would have had it later in the trip when she was warmed up to non-face characters. Took her about 2 days then she would play with and hug/kiss them.

1 Like

It is a pricey experience. We have a reservation for it in December. I am “justifying” the cost by telling myself that we are paying for the meal and the entertainment. We get to sit for about 90 minutes in a climate controlled environment to enjoy a meal, family time, and entertainment.

2 Likes

I will wait til the last minute to decide. I believe we will enjoy it, but I’m not sure we will need it. It is scheduled near the end of our trip and we may have hit our quota of “magic” by that point. OR we may have had a lot of frustrations and crowds and that extra special dining will hit the mark.

We also have Trattoria al Forno for our last day. Same plan.

Both are not known by anyone else in my party. DH knows and he is ok with me spending it. ON the other hand, I want to replace the 21 interior doors in my house with new 6-panel doors… the cost is roughly the same for the two meals and the 21 doors. LOL

4 Likes

Being an adult brings the reality of money and budgets to the forefront much too often. :pensive: Whatever you decided to do with your reservations, you will still be blessed with girl time at WDW. There is still so much to enjoy without having to do the character dining experiences.

Ha, I love the 21 6-panel doors vs 2 meals decision. I hope whatever you decide you have an amazing time and that it’s not too long a wait for the nice doors either.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy:

If we don’t buy a specialty drink is water the only option? Meaning no beverages with the meal? Even kids meals? I’m fine with tap water, but I want to advise my children!!

Tried uploading a photo of our receipt but not sure if it will work…
I think the drink is included with child meal because my daughter had a kiddie cocktail and it isn’t listed separately on the bill. For adults drinks/soda are probably additional. We were on DDP so I didn’t pay a lot of attention. We didn’t pay for a meal for my DD2 so she had water that I spruced up with Mio- she was happy as could be!
Added: for the non-paying 2 year old our server said they could bring her a dish of pasta at no charge.

2 Likes