Step by Step BG Instructions

My iPhones time appears to align with time.gov - but it doesn’t look like there’s an easy way to display seconds - there is a second hand on the Clock app icon…but I’m not seeing a way to show it digitally either at the top of the screen or the lock screen.

If there is a way, I don’t know it, but it seems some people have figured out something. What I suggest is to pull time.org up on a browser window and then switch over the app and count down in your head for the last few seconds.

thanks i can do that. I think that the time is set by your cellphone provider.

My son cannot thermoregulate. He cannot stand in direct sunlight when temps are over 52 or so degrees without overheating. He can tolerate 68 degrees max in the shade with no radient heat from the ground. Carsland and Galaxy’s Edge are impossible during much of the day. We ride RSR after dark. We asked Monday prior to trying for a boarding group Tuesday if we could delay our return time until after dark if we got BG that had a return time mid-afternoon. Galaxy’s Edge is a warm land without much shade. The guest services employee went to the back to talk to several otbers. We were told there was no mechanism to allow an earlier or later return time even if it were the only way my son could ride. That is even using a DAS pass. The ride cast members we talked to and those cast members who issue DAS return times that we asked agreed. We were thrilled to get BG 9 Tuesday. All the hints were so helpful. It was still pretty cold when we rode.

3 Likes

@Jeff_AZ In your step by step - you state in Step 2 to close and then restart app and then in Step 3 it states to open App 5 min prior to opening. So to clarify, are you saying to close, reopen when you have entered the park and then do it again a few minutes before the boarding groups open? Or do you need to close and reopen only once?

I’m on deck next Wednesday and want to get my family trained!
Thanks

1 Like

Really only need to do it once but if you’re waiting around it doesn’t hurt to do it again (and again …) just to make sure the app is completely refreshed with the latest data.

1 Like

I’m so glad it worked out for you. I’m a little surprised that they wouldn’t or couldn’t find a way to accommodate you in the event your return time was in the warmer part of the day.

May I ask how old your son is now and when you realized he has this problem? My baby nephew (just turned 2) may have this same issue. They’re still trying to determine that. If you want to take this off chat, my email is julianne_fki@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Got group 11 at Disneyland today using this!

3 Likes

Awesome! Enjoy the ride!

2 Likes

Great advice. I’ve got a question on step 7 which is the immediate screen after you click join a boarding group which has your party. If the only tickets linked to my account are the people with me going on the ride and they are checked in in the park, do I need to select the party or will everyone be autoselected? I’ve watched all the online videos and they go too quick for me to see. Thanks.

You will have to click “select all” and then proceed.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I wonder if there is a manual refresh limit on the app now, since the update last week. Two of us have been testing on and off. Originally we just went to my status and hit refresh a million times, and nothing would happen until BBG time. Lately, I refreshed less often, my wife refreshed semi-constantly for two test days… both of the recent times I was able to get a join group while she wasn’t. Can’t be sure, but maybe someone else has seen similar issues.

1 Like

I would add “Take a deep breath” after the clock changes to opening time. It is much better to be 5 seconds late then to be 2 seconds early (your phone might save the non-active button state and it can take a while to recover).

4 Likes

It’s mentioned briefly above, but it’s become a FAQ for both parks, so to clarify.

Once you have your BG and are checking on BG progress in MDE, if you notice a probable conflict between your BG return window and a droid/saber booking, an ADR, or a FP, approach a CM at the entrance to RotR and ask them how to proceed and then do whatever they tell you. They have generally been very helpful in figuring out a way to make it all work. Be sure to note their name just in case of issues.

If your ADR is outside the park where RotR is, that might be more difficult to find a way accommodate. If you cannot make the ADR and to avoid the no show penalty, you can try modifying it to a later date, then canceling it.

3 Likes

If things are moving smoothly, generally how long do you wait in line before getting on the ride?

1 Like

In the morning it can be 20 min but by the afternoon it can be 40-60 min. Longer if there are breakdowns, of course.

1 Like