Starcruiser set for liftoff - first voyage 3/1/22

I would never wait on hold for 5 hours, even for something as cool looking as this. I’ll do it eventually, but wasn’t planning for this year anyway.

Pro tip: don’t ever become a travel agent particularly for Disney

4 Likes

726 minutes now.

1 Like

This entire thing is a great example of the benefits of using a Disney travel agent even if you are a Disney expert!

5 Likes

Curiosity Question: Once a TA gets through, can they book for all of their clients that need it booked or can you only do one at a time?

1 Like

Except TAs can’t help when you’re using your DVC points :sob:

1 Like

To be fair, it’s not like I’m just sitting around staring at my phone. The first 20 - 30 minutes or so when I was just having to redial to get through kept me from doing any thing else, but I’ve been quite busy otherwise. My realtor came over this morning and we staged my old house and had pictures taken. We walked through all the paperwork to get the house on the market. I’ve done a little work. I’ve answered emails. Changed diapers and chased the baby around. Put her to sleep. If I couldn’t just set my phone down and go about life, yes, the holding would be ridiculous. But it really isn’t hindering me from doing anything other than making other calls.

4 Likes

Do you have to pay a single supplement (aka pay for 2 adults) if going solo? That’s how it is with real cruises and it sucks.

1 Like

That’s what it looks like based on the points chart.

Sharing a cabin with internet ‘strangers’ might be weird…but boy oh boy am I tempted :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My roommate on my recent trip is a liner I met in person a few times a couple years ago. I’ve actually done that a few times with a few different liners.

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but seeing the points chart is really cementing just how expensive this thing really is.

2 Likes

Do you want to do this for two nights or do you want to take three week-long vacations?

6 Likes

I’m on the line with someone! She thinks the suite is available! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Everything crossed! I want someone to have success!!

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You get to do as many transactions as you can in 90 minutes

2 Likes

Yes it looks like it. The total for a single traveler is 590

The cost in points seems astronomical. It seems like paying cash would be wiser. I mean, for the number of points for two days, I could book 3+ week long trips at a 1 bedroom, or maybe 6 trips in a studio for a week.

At the rental price of $20/point, it seems like the point cost should be closer to 250 for a $5000 cash booking.

Maybe I am missing something here.

:skull:

1 Like

meanwhile if you bring a child with you, it’s cheaper.

Wonder their policy is on considering Baby Yoda the kid I’m taking?

4 Likes