Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - any liners planning to book this?

Posted to replace the catastrophically poorly received videos posted (and withdrawn) earlier this year.

Maybe it’s an American thing but I loathe corporate self-congratulation. Apple keynotes make me want to be violent, they’re so ridiculously overhyped and oversold. This video wasn’t quite as bad, but Disney had better deliver big time on this.

3 Likes

I’ve definitely missed those.

The last promo things I remember were a bunch of Imagineers sitting around talking about all the ‘roles’ and planned experiences. It all sounded great. That was a while back though. Maybe summer/autumn. I’m sure there was another thread about it.

What the hell are you doing up this late. It’s wildly inappropriate.

3 Likes

Different time zone up here. Remember?

2 Likes

Yup. Kind of miss that, but not those awful anti thyroid med I had to take, or the a fib.

Hmmm. :thinking:

1 Like

I know why I’m up this late. I don’t need to ask.

3 Likes

The odd thing I noticed about this latest video is that so many of the people (who are the paying customers/travelers) are NOT in special Star Wars themed clothing. They’re just wearing current stuff - jeans, sweatshirts, etc. That really cheapens the whole feel of being on the Starcruiser, it makes it look like being at a science museum or Launch Bay.

3 Likes

But you do agree that you’re wildly inappropriate?

1 Like

Yes. I have no self-discipline or impulse control. Also, no-one to tell me what to do or not to do.

2 Likes

I need to have a talk with Calvin.

What am I talking about? I have a 4:00 am class/mentorship in the morning, and I’m soaking in the tub instead of going to bed.

1 Like

That’ll need to strike a balance with their promo stuff though. All the guests dressed up will put some people off. I guess everyone in ‘Muggle’ clothes might put die hard cosplayers off :thinking:

4 Likes

You just had to mention your hot-tub again, didn’t you. You know full well that I don’t even have a bath.

What’s the star wars equivalent for this??

Hubba Hubba :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Shmebulock and @sanstitre_has_left_the_building isn’t it like 3 am over there? Do you sleep?

3 Likes

Oh no, I see @Dreamer typing. You’re about to tell me off aren’t you? :grimacing:

4 Likes

Oh, I forgot that was a sore spot for you. My apologies.

2 Likes

It’s only 5 to…

Night night :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

3 Likes

Yes, I’m scolding you for not being in bed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I guess 3am is kind of a line. And Calvin does get cross if I stay up too late.

G’night.

4 Likes