Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - any liners planning to book this?

I was thinking about this today… why didn’t they designate certain cruises as “more immersive” vs. “more casual” and see what booked up first? Make the “more immersive” cost the most if they wanted to. If they have certain cruise start dates anyway, I assume you maybe stay with others starting with you for some of the things? Even if there is mixing groups in common areas, at least they would get a sense of what people wanted and that you wouldn’t be the lone casual cruiser (or lone person who wanted a LARP experience) in your group.

5 Likes

oh, this is a good idea. If you wanted to LARP and others are in their civies it could ruin the experience.

3 Likes

Or… for the price, offer 3 nights with the middle night being the “Larp” experience, offering a full costume rental shop. After a full day of being in the cruiser, one might feel it would be fun to dress up a night, kinda like formal night on an actual cruise, since they are using that term here and there…

4 Likes

Yeah really can’t see us being in full dress up for the whole time. Will see how it works but id rather be on the muggle side of the spectrum. Only going to tell the kids about 4w before trip (assuming we don’t cancel after reviews) so there’s time to sort costumes if nec.
We do have a nice captain rex helmet sitting around but not sure that’s fit in the suitcases

2 Likes

This is a cool idea. I suspect Disney wouldn’t do it becaue they consider each cruise to be “immersive” but there really is a big difference. On a normal “cruise” I would introduce myself as myself. On a LARPing “cruise” I would introduce myself as a my character. Foe the people who want to do the later, having a reserved cruise could make a huge difference.

2 Likes

I put up a relevant poll in the thread below:

2 Likes

We are cruising end of April, and as we are cosplayers also, plan on having multiple outfits for different experiences that are “in galaxy”. We are a part of a FB group of Galactic Starcruiser costuming… and we are definitely at the low end of what people are doing for immersion. There are guests making horns, doing makeup, having evening “loungewear” for after dinner… and discussions on how to hide “earthly” tattoos to keep the immersive experience. I think there will be a place for everyone.

4 Likes

This reminds me of being in Batu week before last, and thinking that it would have been so much cooler if it wasn’t chock full of people with Minnie/Mickey ears on. It took me right out of the story. Please don’t be mad at me. I generally like the ears!

3 Likes

You could always consider that those people are touring Batu directly from Earth. And that is how Earth people dress.

2 Likes

We are booked on the 3/3 voyage. I will gladly provide a trip report for those who are interested. If anyone who is going on a future voyage has specific questions, let me know. I am a casual star wars fan and not at all into LARP (I am an extreme introvert so this concept is actually slightly anxiety-inducing). DH is the huge, lifelong star wars fan so this is really all for him, I am just along for the ride. He purchased some of the clothing that is on ShopDisney for the Starcruiser participants and has jedi robes…etc. I will be wearing “regular” clothes but in the color and style that won’t make me look like a Disney tourist but that aren’t over the top.

17 Likes

Question #1: Can you fly the ship into a Sun? Not saying do it, but if you ask a cast member…

Question #2: Often, a holo transmission from the Big Bad will show up to give a speech. Y’know, to scare the citizens or inspire them…what have ya. So do you think Chapek’s speech will be long or…?

Question #3: Why does a cruise ship need to be armed? Can we expect the Disney Dream to be outfitted with torpedoes?
Question #3a: Can guests fire them?

12 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Next question:

2 Likes

what does a child need with a hotwheels car?

2 Likes

OK this got me recalling a Twilight Zone episode “Stopover in a Quiet Town”…

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/lentesta/status/1496984586278035458?s=21

7 Likes

From Len’s actual reports, looks like we have to embrace it & go with a character. Will have to tell the kids about it early enough to prepare & hope they’ll go along with the play.

4 Likes

I’m going as some sort of royalty. The husband is going as a scoundrel. My son is going as a child being summoned to the dark side.

My daughter is going as either “a complaining teenager who doesn’t want to be on this trip” or “someone who is lost in space”.

4 Likes

She could be a princess… just saying :joy: Yes, teenage girls. Could always go with a rugged/ spacelike/ renegade/ space punk/ too cool for this type of thing type of non-actual character. Research and find some clothing that =s cool. Don’t let her know she’s “in character” , just you want to get her some new (Disney) clothing so she can blend into the background. Obviously if you like it, that’s not it. Wait till you see something and go ,OMG, who wears that. THAT will be the costumes (albeit deceiving one).

Yeah. Those are not unique to planet earth I’m afraid. Hope she has studied well enough to pull it off!

3 Likes