Souvenir policy

Christmas ornaments. It’s so much fun to talk about each vacation while we decorate the tree!!

1 Like

I do that with the medium sized Pua I found at the local Disney Store.

Ha! Yes! Henry VII would be a very boring towel.

2 Likes

We have the same ornament tradition!

1 Like

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story…:sunglasses:

1 Like

A Steiff teddy bear is an investment. Fridge magnets hold important reminders, mugs as gifts are necessary, the magic band couldn’t be mailed to you so one of your choosing is okay. A pin could decorate a backpack - I get SW ones for hubby.

I myself come home with t-shirts. I am petite and buy a child’s XL size. I wear them to the gym so they get plenty of use.

3 Likes

We did good I bought some pins and DD got 2 hats. On the way out I broke down and let DW get a photo album I wanted It was only $20. When we left we went to the Disney Warehouse on “I” drive, DW got 5 Tee Shirts a hat some pins and a picture frame and it was less then $80 total. The picture frame was about $20 and all of the Tee Shirts were less then $10 each.

I love this tradition. My mom did this with me and I have kept the tradition alive with my own kids. I can only hope they pass it along as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I’m getting a mug???

3 Likes

Nice tagline

1 Like

We can put that on a mug! :grin:

Seriously though, Matthew you got me a mug right?

2 Likes

Pins and Mugs. So many pins, so many mugs.

When i was 16, I did not know what to buy my dad, so I got him a shot glass. I now buy a shot glass everywhere I travel (he now has more than 200).

For my mother: Christmas ornementd. So all my trips have some combinations of thos souvenirs.

I don’t want to know how much I have spent on Disney pins.

I forgot the trip that I packed ‘light’ because I was flying JetBlue down and didn’t want to pay a bag fee…but was flying home Southwest. Realizing the opportunity, I not only bought too many souvenir’s to fit in the luggage I had, but I just had to get a large Vera Bradley Bag on Main Street that I could check on the way back.

Yes, I am a sucker. And I believe this was one of the trips I left my son at home, so I was trying to buy him off as every good parent should do when you abandon your child and head to the World without them.

5 Likes

We used to have strict limits on souvenirs and failed miserably - now we travel out with an empty suitcase to bring them all back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve gotten a couple of Disney tees from Target for under $10 and have a few picked out on Etsy to match the theme of each park we are visiting. My plan is to have my kids pack their bags, and then the night before we leave, switch out all the tees for Disney ones, so when we get there and they open their suitcases, ta da! magic! It gives me pre-trip fun picking them out, the kids get pixie dust magic (I’m even going to get one for my mom), and then there’s no need to buy any overpriced ones in the parks.

For me, I just want their cut silhouettes. My son will be getting the interactive wand at US with his own money, and they will each get a gift card to spend, some quarters/pennies, and autograph books. That’s it. Hold me to this list, please, when I go in October.

1 Like

I think I’ve got my name underlined on his list… though come to think of it, I’m not entirely sure.

@profmatt, would you illuminate me please?

1 Like

I think I’m ON the list, but have not been underlined. I’ve been on my best behavior since. Shape up mouse!

1 Like

We pre-bought your Universal T-shirts this year as well. All from Etsy. Mine said, “Muggle Dad.” My wife’s said, “My Patronus is a Mouse.” My DS16’s was the Marauder’s Map that had some footprints you could only see in the blacklight of Knockturn Alley. My DD14’s is hard to explain…this cool Hufflepuff thing. My DS8 had the HP eyeglasses and scar logo.

BUT, once we were there, we each had a designated amount of money to spend on souvenirs. I ended up with a Universal Studios sweatshirt. That’s it. I usually only get one souvenir each vacation. One year was a cool Disney D’71 hoodie, another year was a Disney D’71 ball cap.

2 Likes

Oh, maybe that’s where I am - on the list but not underlined.

Besides, we all know that until you’re double underlined, like @SirGreggLadyV, you’re still not special enough.

2 Likes

This was from Etsy? Can you link please? Just tried to find, but nothing similar came up. Shoot. My list is already growing.

1 Like