Souvenir policy

I have a very strict no-souvenirs policy. They’re for suckers.

So I just bought a Steiff teddy bear, German Christmas ornament, TSL pin, Mickey fridge magnets and two mugs (as gifts). Oh and a D&B magic band.

Are the rest of you as disciplined as I am?

9 Likes

I am a total sucker. We usually give the kids a budge to buy their own souvenirs and when that is gone I end up buying them a shirt or a hat or something I want them to have that they wouldn’t choose to spend their own money on. The marketing folks have our number.

2 Likes

I can easily drop a couple hundred dollars in the Disney Springs Christmas store alone.

4 Likes

OHHHH the Christmas store is one of my weaknesses! And the kitchen store.

3 Likes

Wait. You didn’t buy yourself a pencil?!?!?

2 Likes

Oh, and a baseball cap.

1 Like

I’m not a souvenirs person in general, but recently discovered tea towels \ dish towels are the best souvenir and they are incredibly handy, you can’t have too many, and almost always available.

So I now have minion, Queen Elizabeth, wives of Henry VII, and Koblenz, Germany tea towels. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I usually buy a couple of these. You know, just in case one breaks. Gotta have a backup…

9 Likes

DW spent an unmentionable amount on a mug, Christmas ornaments, and various kitchen gadgets…I got a Mickey ball cap…(full disclosure, I wanted a Goofy t-shirt, but never found one I liked)

2 Likes

I honestly have a hard time deciding on a souvenir. So I only have:
Vera Bradley Mickey purse
Pandora Hat
Disney Hat
Spirit Jersey
Complete set of You Are Here mugs
Run Disney shirt x2
Carl and Ellie Up Magic Band
Magic Kingdom hoodie
Several Christmas Ornaments
A Crap Ton of Pins
Oh my gosh how did I forget my two Larry Dotson prints

And probably nothing else but maybe a few things I’m forgetting just now.

5 Likes

I have not been to the parks since August of 2011 (visited DLR last year), I’ve already told dh that I will need to buy ALL THE THINGS.

I’m expecting a shirt or two, a hat, numerous Christmas ornaments (in spite of already having enough for 2 Disney trees) and numerous other unnamed items.

2 Likes

I am pretty disciplined. I drink coffee. I mean I really drink coffee. Like a professional coffee drinker. So, I tend to get a coffee mug if I can find just the right one. So, on our last trip, my DW and I purchased a coffee mug to share, and two (2) key chains, one from the Poly and one from Beach Club. DW will turn them into Christmas tree ornaments.

That’s it.

DDs got a couple t-shirts from DW and me, and each had a $50 budget to select additional merch… so, they came home with: EPCOT passports; the aforementioned t-shirts, character “things” to put on their backpacks and, some other crap I’m sure I can’t remember.

That being said, DW and I have a coffee mug and two keychains.

2 Likes

PlushFang

i rarely buy anything, but for whatever reason, my last trip to US, i HAD to have this plush Fang from HP!! LOL … i sleep with him every night ~ he keeps my head/neck aligned. :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

… and we always get a magnet from every place we travel …

2 Likes

Oh my gosh the magnets! Of course all the magnets!

2 Likes

There is a very real possibility that the magnets on our refrigerator are what is holding it together. One of the requirements for a new one is that it has to be able to hold magnets.

5 Likes

We go for thimbles, a tradition from when my now 32 year old sister went on her first school trip abroad and panicked at the airport that she hadn’t bought any presents. Now it is a challenge for us to find the ugliest/tackiest thimble we can find. My dad hates them :joy: but that hasn’t stopped him buying a couple of display cases for them

4 Likes

Last trip I bought DS 1 stuffed animal he didn’t need, a new dog collar for the pup, a new mug that we didn’t need and souvenir cups at Club Cool. Mind you, I was just there last month and had a similar list of item then, too.

@profmatt, it appears you missed out a rather nice magic band from that list!

Or does that not count as a souvenir?

Anyway, clearly these are not souvenirs, these are presents for your dog, are they not (yes, I’ve forgotten her name - again).

1 Like

Our last trip we each picked a coffee mug that we still use every weekend. We picked up a couple of shirts, DH had some kind of Star Wars name tag made and we bought 3 Christmas ornaments, 2 were given to our kids as gifts (family tradition that the kids always get an ornament so they have a box full to decorate their first trees when they no longer live at home).