Southwest change fare thingie is back

What are your trip dates? I am trying to figure out how far out they are doing this round of changes. My flight on 6/23 was changed (just by 5 minutes). I think @OBNurseNH has the banner for later dates, but no actual changes yet.

I’m sorry. Keep checking though. If flights are booking up, they may add one that is convenient for you!

1 Like

At least to 7/8. I made a test reservation on points to see if I could change one that day and I could. The end date is somewhere between 7/8 and 7/15.

Original dates 7/8-7/15 or could change to something as far out as 7/15.

Original date 7/8 could change to 30 days out. My 7/15 reservation does not have a red bar. Not sure what is the latest date they are allowing changes to.

Southwest appears to be having issues. I got a flight change notice email and then found this when I logged in:

I did not miss traveling so much that I want to fly in a big circle, thank you.

Closer inspection revealed that the flight would involve a TARDIS, time-turner, and/or DeLorean.

So I guess keep an eye on your flight schedule, especially if you get a flight change notification. They are not always handling flight changes well.

1 Like

Uh… weird.

Oh geeze. Now I’m really worried!

Sigh.

My nonstop on 6/28 just got the axe. They had us flying out to Chicago leaving 2 hrs earlier and arriving one hour later. I just adjusted to flying through Baltimore (which airport I can’t stand but whatever at least it’s in the right direction) and getting to MCO only 30 minutes later.

There is no nonstop until noon or 1, none out of Boston, and only one out of Providence but who’s to say that doesn’t get the axe shortly too (plus it’s 2 hrs away vs 2 miles away).

I hate this crap.

1 Like

About how far out has SW been making changes to flights? I can’t get a nonstop so I’m looking at the potential of 4 separate flights having changes. Ugh.

I’m 8 weeks out just now.

1 Like

@jcgoblue did your flights ever get straightened out today?

It seems like they are doing about two-ish weeks at a time, about 6-ish weeks out. So right now they’re working on the last half of June. But I know they’ve also been making more changes closer. That’s what I’m nervous about. Our original flights were great. These new ones are fine. But more changes would probably not be super good. There are four flights out of my airport - no non-stop lol Des Moines - and three out of the four have two connections. Uh, no thanks. With a 6-year old a big huge no thanks.

1 Like

Oh no! I hope they keep the one with just one stop and don’t mess it up.

I’m in Southern California so if it comes down to it I have other airport options but most of those flights also make connections somewhere. And I’m not driving all the way to LAX. It would probably make more sense just to drive to Las Vegas and grab a nonstop from there if the options are that bad. :joy:

Our flights have changed 4 times today! Now the flight to Orlando is sold out and the return tickets are $443! I don’t ever remember anything like this ever happening. Granted I don’t fly much anymore. Thanks for your help it’s easier to take when they are $99 flights!

Insanity!

A friend at work was bringing her friend to the airport this past weekend. The flight was scheduled for 12, and got moved to 5. Shortly thereafter it was moved again, to 3. Then back to 12.

This is all ON THE DAY OF TRAVEL

I might have lost my mind. Although I’m flying 2 days after my very last day of work so I will either be very chill or completely undone anyway🤪

1 Like

@OBNurseNH @poohfanclub @Sandyh
(and anyone else who can offer some advice)

I have to make a decision on my departing flights tonight as I received an email on Sunday saying that I had 3 days to make the call. We are supposed to go to MK on departure day and are staying at YC. We will be using tragical express.

Would you…

Take a 5:00pm nonstop flight (2 hours total), or

Take a 7:45pm flight with one stop but no plane change? (4 hours total)

We are a family of 5 with kids ranging in ages from 4-14

I called them (or rather got in the callback line and they called me a while later), and they got us a different set of flights that was just as good, but going through Denver instead. This was just the outbound flight though. I’m afraid if they mess with the flights on the way back, I won’t have any option nearly as good as what I originally booked. I really don’t want to get back home a 2 am. :sob:

Edit: I had to call because the website wouldn’t let me make changes – it gave me an error because of the circular reference in the flights.

I fly nonstop whenever possible. Can’t imagine a worse travel day scenario than getting to the 2nd airport and being delayed or worse.

As a family with similar age kids I would typically always go for the nonstop flight. But, it sounds like that might shorten your last day. What is going on the next day after you get back? If everyone can sleep in and have the day off to recuperate, I’d go for the later flight. But if we had to be up and back to business the next day, the nonstop would win.

1 Like