Southwest change fare thingie is back

Don’t lose hope! Keep watching the app as often as possible. When that happened to me, they eventually added another flight (between my original late flight and the earlier one they changed me to). I was able to switch to that flight first. Then I kept watching, and the next time the red banner appeared, I was able to switch back to my original late flight. Be vigilant!

1 Like

Thank you for the words of encouragement!!

1 Like

Just wanted to mention that for our trip last week, we had the red bar and change thingie 3 days before our trip so I changed the flight to earlier (12 hours! Gained a whole day) in the day so we could arrive sooner. It would have been an increase of 10,000 points but I changed it for no difference.

ETA: Arriving Saturday morning (17th) ended up being a great idea as the weather was wonderful and we had to deal with 2 rainy days (Monday & Tues) so it gave us an extra nice day. But, we had some of the bumpiest turbulence I’ve ever experienced as we went through a storm(?) approaching Orlando.

2 Likes

Well I got cocky and thought I had escaped this latest round of schedule changes but got the email last night :weary: Fortunately not too bad, our arrival day flight leaves two hours later (8:40 vs 6:20) and we only arrive 45 minutes later than we were originally supposed to. There are only three flights out of our airport for that route on that date and the others are much later, so I’m really crossing my fingers for no more changes.

1 Like

My flights between 6/22 and 7/3 are showing red banners just now. Anyone else seeing dates outside that range?

I have a banner with dates from 6/28 to 7/7

I’m skeert to eff with it

1 Like

I still have it for my 6/14-6/23 dates.

1 Like

My 5/30-6/6 trip is still showing red banners.

i just got the email “changes to your itinerary” and almost had a fit…my flights are great and the only good options on our travel dates…turns out we will arrive 5 minutes early…REALLY SOUTHWEST, REALLY?!

1 Like

Better they do that than other airlines which adjust flight times by 45 minutes but won’t let you change your flight for free because the change is under an hour.

That’s true!!!

I got a notice of a 10 minute change also along with option to change for free. This is why I love Southwest! They are upfront and generous. Unlike United who cancelled my nonstop to Europe last year, put me on a completely different itinerary with a stop and didn’t bother to tell me!
FYI changes are good at least through 7/8 but not 7/15.

Let’s don’t be more kind with Southwest than necessary. I’ve had them make itinerary changes they they’ve not notified me of before. I think it’s pretty inconsistent and that I’m often only aware because I check the app daily for the most part like a crazy person.

1 Like

I do not have it for my 5/23-5/28 dates, just the June ones.

I got three emails last night about itinerary changes. So far nothing major but has me nervous now.

Were you able to make the changes you needed?

Yeah I had our arrival flight bumped 3 hours later without notification. Had to completely redo arrival day plans. The lack of notice really pissed me off though. I only discovered the change when I logged in to see if the change thingie was active again. Ironically I was hoping to move the flight earlier. I was just a little perturbed.

1 Like

Yup. I had that happen once before as well. Had I not noticed on my own I would have missed my flight!

Yikes!

Unfortunately no, it’s either leave 3 hours earlier for a nonstop on departure day (boo!) or a flight with a stop which means getting home 2 hours later. It’s a lose, lose situation. The fact that this is happening 30 days out is very frustrating.

1 Like

Just had both of my flights change times. The flight in is now 30 minutes earlier (5:30 AM!!!) but at least I get to MCO at 8:00 AM. Even though that is crazy early, at least it gives us an entire day on Disney property to go shopping and enjoy some pool time.

Our flight home was supposed to be around 10:00 PM, which gives us an entire day on our departure day to spend on property. It got moved up to 8:45 PM, so not a huge change. The benefit to the change is that we get home earlier without losing much daytime in Orlando.

I keep getting the “$50 flight” emails from Southwest thinking they are adding them for my dates, but the only things available now are 3-5 times more expensive than I booked. So I guess I’m glad we booked when we did.