Southwest change fare thingie is back

That thing where you can buy a flight and then change it to any other flight at No coast is back up for fall fares!

7 Likes

Nice! Any idea of the dates?

It was an option for both my 8/28,9/6 trip and my 10/15,10/19 trips.

Unfortunately I am already booked so it doesn’t help me any

Thank you!

2 Likes

Just saved $100, thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you! Revising my backup and backup backup reservations!

1 Like

Thanks @OBNurseNH! You’re awesome.

1 Like

Wait, last time this happened I just canceled all of my flights and re-booked cheap ones, and then changed them to my original flights. Is that not how it is working this time?

1 Like

I got one as well for both of my flights 10/23 & 10/29. Sucks because I really want to change my return to 11/1 and they aren’t booking yet!

1 Like

Yes! Booked flights yesterday for mid-october with fingers crossed ! Love Southwest

Who knows when December flights are announced from Southwest? I keep being bummed that I can’t jump on this yet. But I’m not even confident that we’re still going in December. :weary:

Took at quick look at my current flights and we are still getting the best value with what we already have booked. I’ll keep checking though because there is a decent chance we’ll end up having to cancel our trip for September if there are too many restrictions on guests. We would also hopefully be able to get a refund on our park tickets (bought them from a 3rd party online) or maybe Disney would be able to convert them to tickets that would expire by the end of 2021. Thankfully, we are renting DVC and we can more than likely just get our DVC Owner to cancel our trip this year and book again in 2021.

I booked my August trip with cash, not really worth the struggle for me.

Just did this and saved a ton of money

2 Likes

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I did, and I’m so glad @OBNurseNH posted this yesterday because I looked again this morning and they increased the point values on flights since last night during this time period. I was able to recoup 30,000 points last night by rebooking!

2 Likes

Oh ya, that makes sense! I’m still a little surprised that the October fares aren’t as low as I was expecting.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you! I’m not feeling particularly hopeful about my December plans at the moment but having flights booked will help!

1 Like

Thank you again! Just changed some Columbus day flights and saved 4k points AND changed into MHT instead of BOS! Didn’t realize that was part of this too!

1 Like

The Oct ones might work. I need to try it I think. But we already got some realy good fare drops on those so I’m not sure we can get much better.