Southwest 30% Off Base fare

Huh.

I suppose it could vary by market?

In any case, keep checking ! :wink:

1 Like

But not first thing in the morning or during work hours :rofl:

Lolz definitely not.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been watching SW prices creep up on some flights in July and kicking myself for waiting so long to book. They have been in the $250-$350 range. Last night, I logged in around 9PM and I was able to book round trips for 4 people @ $149 / flight! :smiley:
Prices are back up this morning.

4 Likes

I got back just over 15,000 points on my October flight home around 8pm.

1 Like

Yay!!!

Next rounds of flights were released. Holiday prices werenā€™t too badā€¦

1 Like

I need juuuuust after this for CP pickup in January. Frustrated.

1 Like

:persevere:

Looks like it will release on 6/29 which works for me.

3 Likes

Oh thatā€™s not too long of a wait then!

1 Like

I checked the new releases. None of the prices were anything other than base fare / rack rate.

Thatā€™s not enough to get me excited to go back to Orlando for Decemberā€¦ Iā€™ll hope for a sale, but now my travel dates are looking to be pushed to Februaryā€¦

1 Like

The sales will come, although I do understand not wanting to lay the money out for prices youā€™re unwilling to pay.

For me, Iā€™m booking an hoping prices drop. For my December trip last year, prices started at 174 each way, but through constant checking/rebooking, I was able to get it down to 99 each way for 3 people.

2 Likes

Once the February prices hot later in the month, Iā€™ll make my decision about booking. Iā€™m OK with changing the date / price later.

Plus, as a Universal person, I need to find out how theyā€™re going to do the Grinch breakfast / meal this year. They just closed the cafĆ© he meets at for refurbishment. Iā€™m on the fence about December due to Pop Warner at UOR. If both fares are the same and I canā€™t get a great hotel rate for Dec., Iā€™ll definitely go in February. (and try to get DW to go since it will be cooler & less people)

Is there a general timeframe (e.g., 90 days out) that Southwest will drop their prices?

I am flying down to MCO on 1/4/24. I feel like the prices will drop at some point from what was released today.

I havenā€™t really noticed a pattern. Hence my obsessive minimum twice daily checks.

I have noticed recently that later evening on the east coast seem to be good times to find fare drops that donā€™t last very long and seem to be back up by morning. Iā€™ve been checking around 10pm to snag those.

I tend to find that day 1 rarely offers great fares honestly

3 Likes

I keep a google sheet of when my flights have gone down. Iā€™ve found that Thursday nights have been when my flights have decreased. Totally anecdotal. I look multiple times a day.

2 Likes

I have 2 one way trips booked that I booked when the price was the lowest I have seen (and I have never seen them go lower).

I booked one late Thursday and another early Firday morning.

So you may be onto something.

2 Likes

My current price is $161 to MCO after changing last Thursday night. It had gone back up after that. I checked prices again last night, a Thursday. It had gone back done to $161 again.

1 Like

Same here last night for one of mine. The other one was the lowest I have seen, except the day I booked was lower.