Southwest 30% Off Base fare

Just modified my August flight to MCO again, this time to fly out of BOS, still nonstop, much better time of day and got almost 14K points back across three passengers!

This is a total of almost 25K points back this week just by checking again and again

6 Likes

So itā€™s not just me that does this. I was beginning to question my sanity.

4 Likes

Nope. Itā€™s the beauty of booking with points.

But also getting cash back if you book that way so you can take another trip without spending more :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I often have a link directly to the page to pick flights for whatever trips Iā€™m planning. It makes it easy to check for flights each day to see if there is a sale or of the cost has come down.

My flight home has decreased by 926 points but the site and app will not let me modify the flight without calling. I used my 2 free Early Birds on two of the three flights (paid for the 3rd) so I donā€™t know if that is why itā€™s not letting me change or not. Itā€™s not worth my time to call for a total of 2778 points. Flight isnā€™t until October so if it does go down more substantially, Iā€™ll have to break down and call to get it changed.

Iā€™ve modified the flight there three times already with no problem but it does not have early bird attached.

I usually donā€™t get EB but we will be on a Disney cruise and itā€™s worth it to get automatically checked in.

1 Like

Exactly this! I booked one with cash and we got $141 back per person with modifications which we are using to ā€œdiscountā€ a future trip!

2 Likes

Iā€™m a habitual checker too!! :rofl: :rofl:

I just saved $11!!

3 Likes

Woohoo! Dole whip! (or maybe Butterbeer in your case??)

1 Like

For sure! Theyā€™re $9 each now!

2 Likes

Oooooh, is Southwest now doing non-stop from BOS? Thatā€™s awesome!

1 Like

I know right?! It was just the one flight so no idea if itā€™s a fluke or what. I hardly ever check BOS because of the lack of nonstops but today I did and voila!

Of course nothing nonstop on the return - but I can just fly in to MHT instead and would actually rather.

3 Likes

More fare drops for August and October puts 1500 points and $105 back in my account!

4 Likes

Now I need to rebook 6 flights. :slight_smile:

Final tally of changed flights
3 for myself
2 for DH
1 each for MIL and SIL

2 Likes

My October have gone up (on Southwest and Jetblue). I had booked my return flight but am waiting for better prices for the flight out. Maybe a mistake!

1 Like

These late night check-ins before I go to sleep are paying off! And seems to be a pattern. I checked twice earlier today and no fare change.

But tonight at 10:45 - another $100 off my October trip! Ka-ching!

6 Likes

Just got $30 back on my September return flight!

1 Like

I had done the standard check (SW, Jetblue and AA) for October. At 6:00 the Southwest dropped $70 to the price I was waiting to see in order to buy!

Totally suprised me. And glad now I can just check for savings. But we got RT for $188, which may be hard to beat!

3 Likes

And the flighr was back up $65 by this morning. So 6pm to 6am is the sneaky low fair time?

1 Like

Itā€™s much later than 6pm. I often check while hanging out in the evening playing on the computer. Itā€™s definitely after 9pm and I do notice it shoots right back up next day!

Interesting - mine flipped right at 6:00. I was looking got distracted came back 3 minute later but had closed out. Once I reopened, boom, it was there.