"Sons are the anchors of a mother's life." - A Yacht Club Trip Report

I loooove those rooms!

2 Likes

Was very tired last night but the DME left super quick and we were the third stop of five after AoA and Pop. I know there was also a Coronado Springs person on the bus but not sure the fifth. I think they just put us all together we were so late and few. Very empty bus.

Now for mobile order Ale & Compass breakfast. DS and I both need some room time before we hit Stormalong Bay and Epcot today.

11 Likes

Yum

16 Likes

Never too old for a little Lego Movie time. I mean Will Ferrell, Chris Pratt and Nick Offerman couldn’t make a bad movie right?

17 Likes

Pro tip: son didn’t want his coffee flavored whip cream and it goes amazing in guess what? Coffee!

7 Likes

My assessment of the waffles is that less is more. Just the waffle with the whipped cream I liked. The chocolate shavings and cherries were too much all together. I also didn’t order or eat the bacon and they didn’t include syrup for kiddo. So FYI you must have to request it separate. He got both Mickey waffles and chocolate waffles cuz teen boys can eat everything and lose weight. (I mean he also got eggs and bacon and sausage). I very jealous of his metabolism. Lol

11 Likes

Daytime view

20 Likes

Think it’s about time to ride the slide and man is it already hot out here.

3 Likes

Looks lovely :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Your son has the best hair. I say this as a curly gal!

I love YC and I would love to do a mother/son trip with DS13 when he’s that age too. So excited to follow along!

5 Likes

Slide time. I cannot rate this one because I’ve already rated it. Lol. Number 1 so far and I imagine it’ll stay that way and this is by far the best pool on property I’ve seen. Lots of loungers upstairs by pool table but not much downstairs

15 Likes

9 Likes

I adore his hair. I’ll try and get a close up but he gets these ringlets that are just gorgeous when he lets it air dry natural and when it’s wet. He’s black and Jewish mostly (with a little British,German, Scottish and Irish) so doomed to have curly hair.

12 Likes

7 Likes

Taking pics while I let the sunscreen sit

16 Likes

Someone just said the wait for FOP yesterday was 10 min!

And the lifeguard added it was 11min earlier this week and then this is the hottest week of the year.

9 Likes

The slide at boardwalk was faster with a big dip but the waterfalls, length and that you start in a shipwreck are so neat. This pool just winds around into all the nooks and crannies. Convinced DS to come out and play pool with me.

6 Likes

@Dreamer and i walked on to FoP yesterday — in truth we’ve just about walked on to most rides the past 2 days

Loving your report — have the BEST time with DS

8 Likes

So true and unfair!! It is exhausting keeping them fed isn’t it?? My youngest is only 12 and he eats constantly already.

5 Likes

When my son was 12 he went from a size 6 to a size 10 shoe in a few months. I’d buy him a pair of shoes and 2 weeks later they wouldn’t fit. Pro tip just buy one pair of shoes at a time

7 Likes