"Sons are the anchors of a mother's life." - A Yacht Club Trip Report

@JJT sucked me in again with his fabulous hotwire deal blog and this time it’s to the Yacht Club in a Water View room at about 60% off Water View room prices! This is cheaper than a moderate price!

I have not taken a trip with DS17 alone since he was 8. That time we drove to California and went to Legoland and climbed a mountain outside of Pasadena somewhere. He played a ton of carnival games and won a couple of huge stuffed animals; one of which he gave his sister and we still have (the pink bear). He hiked his first 15 mile hike in one day up and down that mountain outside of Pasadena. He was tired and and had to really push to finish; it was hard for him. Later, his teacher told me he was retelling his story and was so proud of himself. To see him realize he did a big thing and was capable of hard things was a really happy parenting moment. Just look at how cute and young he was (and how young and thin I was LOL)

After work today we’re catching the late night flight on SWA for our last chance at a mother/son trip before he turns into an adult and it’s been a decade since he climbed that mountain. I am starting to cry looking at these photos. In the day to day it’s amazing how an almost decade can fly right by and your little boy is driving you around. Major emotions happening…gonna have to stop typing for now.

39 Likes

What a wonderful special thing! Looking forward to following your adventure! Safe travels!!

7 Likes

Precious memories indeed :heart::heart::heart: Best wishes for a fabulous trip filled with new precious moments. Adorable pictures. I completely understand all the feelings.

5 Likes

Aww this is great. I hope you both have a wonderful time

4 Likes

What nice memories! I hope you make more just as precious on this trip.

P.S. You are still pretty young and slender, young lady!

5 Likes

Awww! Well, don’t make ME cry.
Happy for you two.

5 Likes

Safe travels @gingerSnaps543222!

5 Likes

Another crier over here…have a great time! As a mom to two boys I love the title!

7 Likes

Nope. Those aren’t tears in my eyes…I’m uhh…cooking onions. Yep. That’s it!!

Can’t wait to follow along. Safe travels you amazing, beautiful mom, you.

8 Likes

That’s lovely! I’m taking DS17 (tomorrow!) to Disney next July for our first and probably last mother/son trip (other than days out). I can’t wait! But it will be emotional because then he’ll be going off to Uni, assuming he passes his exams next June :joy:

11 Likes

So happy for you and your DS! My eyes are tearing up too thinking of my DS16 (will be 17 in November) and DS13. Us moms watching our sons turning into young men is so bittersweet!

4 Likes

What movie that I have not seen yet and have downloaded to the iPad should I watch on the plane?

• Jungle Cruise
  • Cruella

0 voters

3 Likes

My friend loved Cruella (I haven’t watched it yet). Jungle Cruise was good. I voted for it because I think it’s more park related. But you can’t go wrong!

3 Likes

We were at Legoland about that time. We had small 9 year olds - constantly being mistaken for 7 years old to their annoyance because they were old enough to not have to ride with their humans - who are now 17. (And more normal heights, finally)

Loved Legoland and love your photos! Such great memories from then. Thanks!

And here’s to more great memories now! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you to all for your kind words!

Also, I’m already making changes. For a mere $4.01 I moved us to the afternoon flight (still direct) on Monday so we can sleep in. I am just sitting here so very exhausted from a long week I want more time to sleep and a full 3 day weekend. Plus it makes it easier for DH to pick us up since he wants to do that. I have such a keeper of a DH.

11 Likes

Both movies are great. It is a tough choice.

4 Likes

No worries, I’m watching the other one on the way home. They both will be watched…but which is better for getting me in the mood for WDW?

1 Like

Which ADR that I’ve booked for tomorrow late evening should I keep to view Epcot Forever from?
*I’ve done this before from La Hacienda de San Angel and never eaten at Rose & Crown but I’ve read the view is better from La Hacienda de San Angel. New experience or better view?

• La Hacienda de San Angel
  • Rose & Crown

0 voters

2 Likes

I have a reservation at La Hacienda de San Angel for 10/4 so I am hoping that the view from there is good!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is…I did IllumiNations from there several years ago now.

2 Likes