Something Borrowed, Something Banked

I have heard rumblings that if it doesn’t end by end of summer it may not :frowning:

ETA: end = announced. There would have to be some kind of advance notice of a significant amount of time I would think.

1 Like

OK OK I’m just kicking ideas around… daydreaming…

1 Like

That’s how it begins. Then all of a sudden you have two contracts and are still shopping for points

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the math just works. Even in Canadian dollars. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

How far in advance is the booking window at 11 months? Like is it 11-months + X days? I’m on the website right now and it looks like it gives you up to 6 nights, but that coincides with the end of the month. I can’t click the calendar beyond May 2023.

You can book 7 nights at 11 months out. And it’s calendar months, so right now you could book from May 25th 2023 to 1st June - 1st of June being check-out day.

The booking tool is confusing. In one place you choose check-in and check-out dates, in another you just select the nights you want. Sounds like you’re on a screen where it’s letting you look at the actual nights, so the last one you could book for is the night of May 31st.

1 Like

There was something in notifications this morning

Currently, you may request a reservation at your Home Resort(s) for vacations that have a check-in date on or before May 25, 2023, based upon availability. Check Resort availability online now

I think no booking beyond that date

1 Like

Are you going in through “plan a vacation”?

1 Like

Yes, so 7 nights from then would be a check-out of June 1st.

So the calendar won’t roll on to June yet because no one can book June 1st yet.

1 Like

Isn’t the last date to book always in the message section

1 Like

Yes and No. It tells you the latest check-in date you can select.

You can book stays with a check-in date of no later than May 25th because it’s June 25th today.

And you can book up to 7 nights. If you want to add June 1st, you can do that tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I was able to book 6 nights only through May 31st checkout. I was unable to book the 7th night as it was grayed out. I assumed that meant it wasn’t open for booking yet, but based on your responses I’m guessing it was temporarily sold out. Not sure why a 2-bedroom standard at SSR would be booked at 11mo+7 days. :man_shrugging:

The 31st is your 7th night?

1 Like

Are you sure May 31st is check-out day, not the last night booked?

If so, I would call or chat to Member Services. That shouldn’t be happening unless they have had to pull inventory. Of course, these things do happen from time to time without explanation.

1 Like

I could select a 2 bedroom through June 1…

1 Like

Yes I confirmed that I have 6 nights booked and May 31st is the checkout date. I’m going to have to modify this reservation a couple of times because I actually want 9 nights total and I will need to buy one-time points and borrow from 2024. And that will require calling in. So it will be resolved one way or another. I’ll report back if I discover anything else.

Must have been a timing thing because that looks exactly like what I was booking this morning, except the 31st was the “waitlist only” color. Edit: actually I think it was even paler than Waitlist and I couldn’t even click it, so I don’t think it was waitlist. Just “beyond booking window.”

Ohhhh, what’s your use year @Jeff_AZ ?

1 Like

I can get the same thing.

2 Likes

February.

1 Like