Someone convince my husband

You are once again falling into the trap of applying personal experience and expertise to the analysis of facts and information. You should know by now that first-hand knowledge clouds the mind and corrupts the character. One should rely on one’s moral and intellectual betters who have the perspective given by physical and experiential distance.

For example, I used to rely on “experts” living in my local area, paid to forecast the weather, to make decisions on what outdoor activities to undertake on a given day. Worse still, I relied on them, and my own personal experience, to decide on what actions to take in the event of a tropical cyclone. I’ve gotten right in my thinking, and now I rely on Disney social media sites to read about Floriduh weather, and pay particular attention to those prognosticating from far northern, or far western desert, climes.

1 Like

Huh? What? Can you not read? Or did you omit the facts?
"While the COVID-19 hospitalization rate has been increasing by about 2.5 percent each day, the average daily positivity rate has been dropping over the last 10 days"

read the headline alone

Nice try, but i refuse to debate facts…Off to a better forum

Are you in Massachusetts?

The seven-day weighted average of the state’s positive test rate, removing higher education institutions, continues to rise. That number at the start of September was between 1% and 2%, but the rate is now at 6.31%; the rate was at 5.55% on Monday.

Including the testing at higher education institutions, the seven-day weighted average of the state’s positive test rate climbed from 3.9% on Monday to 4.6% on Tuesday.

Not according to the governor and thats all i referenced

"While the COVID-19 hospitalization rate has been increasing by about 2.5 percent each day, the average daily positivity rate has been dropping over the last 10 days"

I’d like to see that data. My guess it’s all the uptick in people who got tested before travel around the holidays. I also wonder if it’s some of the new restrictions having an effect.

If you’d like to discuss further go to the covid forum. Thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can you please tell that to PricpialTinker? I dont want to discuss any more

Ugh staffing. I hear people get frustrated that testing is taking too long. Well, I work in a lab, and we were short about 30% of staff before this. Then it came and people retired. Now we are building a covid lab to test 6000 samples a day and adding 30 positions but we haven’t yet filled the positions that were empty on a regular day. This is happening all across America unfortunately. We can’t do covid testing, and all your other lab work with such a staffing shortage. It is really taking a toll.
(Not discounting nursing’s role, bless you all!)

1 Like

If you’d like to discuss further go to the covid forum. Thanks :slight_smile:

Anyways- back to the subject!
Hubby caught me talking to all of you
“You don’t have to convince me to go to Disney, you just have to show me we can pay for it”

Off I go with my spreadsheets

13 Likes

Fair enough, sounds like a reasonable guy.

4 Likes

Adulting… I hate that’s a verb now.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::crazy_face:

1 Like

This makes me jealous. my wife has been spending money I make for 20 years and I still have to convince her to go to WDW.

1 Like

Maybe it’s time for a discussion? :wink:

What an odd approach. I never think about whether I can afford a trip to WDW before I take one.

In unrelated news, I have a lot of credit card debt. Anyone have any advice?

3 Likes

I will forever maintain that spreadsheets are one of the best parts of the vacation experience.

2 Likes

My two cents:

I would feel very guilty traveling in December, though WDW seems to be a safe place to be once you are there (if you can quarantine for at least a few days before and after).

But I think due to the early effects of the vaccine and natural flameout, the current wave will abate by the end of January, such that it would not be irresponsible to travel in February. April should be fine.

However, if you are already traveling twice next year, I slightly side with your husband about saving some money for your household projects. Up to you of course! :wink:

1 Like

after 20 years? I think that time has passed :rofl:

I’m a little concerned because I have something booked (non-refundable) for late January. But I think it’s late enough (Jan 28 - Feb 1) that I will feel okay by then. I am pretty isolated at work and can make an extra effort to stay away form people when I return. We do not have quarantine requirements, just recommendations at this time.

1 Like