Someone convince my husband

Hopefully not the fish market where some originally suspected the Covid-19 outbreak started.

4 Likes

At the moment my mindset is with @OBNurseNH - this is my second Christmas season with an AP in my pocket that I’m not at WDW and it is really eating at me. WHY didn’t I go last December??!! But I cancelled two trips last month and this month because for us, it was the right thing to do. As much as I hated to do it. However, I do hope to go with DH in February and fully intend to take my kids in April on their spring break to DLR if open or WDW otherwise, with or without him (he may be engaged in spring football!). By all reports we are entering the worst phase of the pandemic, but I’m very hopeful that by spring we will be in a better place, relatively speaking. I felt we were taking such a risk going in August and retrospectively it was a good time to go! @Jsanta26 you said you have a trip planned in January and I’m not sure how certain you are that that trip will happen based on your states travel orders. It may be that the April trip is a makeup for January. Regardless, if you can make it affordable and earn the money from OT I see no problem planning on April, with the Covid caveat of knowing cancellation is an option if the situation requires. If your husband really doesn’t want to go, what about a mom and daughter trip?
ETA: No judgment intended toward those who are going now, in fact I’m quite jealous! If our circumstances were a bit different we would have gone also.

Which was my April then June then August trip.

And so I pushed it out as far as necessary to accommodate the most of my family members. They will all be good to travel in June by restriction measures, IF it’s safe by then and preferably with vaccine on board.

Oh, this is the third trip this school year? You have all those plans set.

I too changed my April trip to June but April is the BEST time to go!

2 Likes

We are repeatedly told that you cannot test out of quarantine. A negative today could be a positive tomorrow. There’s no “guarantee” until you’re past the 14 day mark.

3 Likes

Nurses will be vaccinated first, CDC has a report out this am stating that so you should be able to travel by Jan 1 as long as you get the vaccine…Cuomo came out and said 170k vaccinations will be available to NYer’s by Dec 15th so i think that will be the date for most states (at least in the northeast)…Cases are actually peaking and should be on the decline regardless of the vaccine…the mid west as already dropped and MA governor came out today and said positivity rate is declining in testing…April should be great time to travel and over 90mm Americans will have the vaccine by then and my guess is that masks will not be publicly mandatory by that point (but Disney and other private businesses will prob still require them)…My family has traveled to FLA (non Disney) and have found it completely fine

Like not talking while I’m trying to sleep?
I’d be buying 1st class airline tickets before the sentence was finished.

1 Like

Its so strange how everyone has different standards…One Boston hospital even has their nurses working even if they are positive…They just have them on a COVID floor and are very vigilant about PPE

Also CDC lowered quarantine requirement from 14 to 10 days this am

Well this makes sense in an inpatient situation with massive staffing shortages. It is a good way to utilize these staff persons - they can’t infect those already infected. They have created their own “bubble” of sorts. Not ideal, but someone has to take care of the sick, and if the less-sick can do it, it’s a solution.

I can’t begin to tell you how this whole thing has hit our staffing across our healthcare system. It has been fairly devastating.

The “can’t test out of quarantine” rule applies to those who have traveled outside of new england or been exposed, not to those who are sick – so this should not be confused with the above. They CAN get a test after 7 days of quarantine but it has to be a PCR (read: not rapid) and those results are taking up to 5 days to result now — and getting worse — so by the time the result is back the individual has quarantined 10-12 days (and getting longer)

That has not yet hit the information airwaves here in NH. We have to follow local mandates

What?!

Our positivity rate is skyrocketing just over the border. We are at between 6.2-7.7 depending on the data. We were at or below 1% up to 2 months ago.

It’s out of control.

And our hospitalization rate is at an all-time high (for this pandemic).

Anyway, this has turned into a pandemic debate thread now – kind of my fault I guess, for providing that perspective – so I will duck out from here.

Ta ta!

2 Likes

We can now get out of quarantine after 10 days with a negative test but we have to monitor ourselves for 14.

It is possibly reducing classroom/teacher quarantines from 14 to 10 days.

Huh, I fail to see the data associated with that claim? Am I missing it? Sorry @Jsanta26- April is my favorite time of the year. All the flowers will be blooming, the grass will be green. Enjoy!

1 Like

Here are the articles i was referencing if you were interested

1. Healthcare workers first to get vaccine: Here's Who the CDC Says Will Get the COVID-19 Vaccine First | Time

2. Cuomo says 170k vaccines available by Dec 15th: New York expected to receive first batch of 170,000 COVID vaccines by Dec. 15: Cuomo – New York Daily News

3. MA governor on lower positive test rates: Baker: No plan for additional closures, restrictions as positive test rate slows – Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News

Its a claim by the governor as I mentioned (no data). I guess you have to assume the governor of Massachusetts isnt lying… Its referring to the positive test rates…different than positive cases…meaning less % of people are testing positive…cases can still go up if they test more but at a decreasing rate…

What he said was “ new case growth in the state has actually started to slow down over the past 10 days”. A reduction in growth is not a decrease.

I will stop now.

2 Likes