Someone convince my husband

hahahaha!
My father drilled it in me to always put money away and try to pay for things in cash. While I do have credit cards, I don’t have any debt on them, just use them for points…

agree, I feel lost if I’m not planning at least one trip!

Late January should be much better than right now. I think we will start to see improvement in the numbers in the next few weeks. There are already early signs that nationwide cases are nearing their peak. I’ve also seen analysis that Thanksgiving might not end up being as impactful as people assume due to reductions in visits to bars and workplaces, which might offset the(relatively small) increase in visits to family.

2 Likes

Understood. We at least have the estimate for the driveway and they will honor that price in the spring when we get it done. Just waiting patiently for the dogs appt.
Right now we are both putting cash away every month to pay for our august trip. We have almost all of it paid for so far
(Thanks to me for budgeting the trip and making sure he put cash in the safe every month

2 Likes

Well, duh. Obviously. Quite frankly, once you’ve done the spreadsheet, I really don’t see the point of wasting time going on the actual holiday.

6 Likes

My biggest concern for you would be how you got there. I know jet blue is filling seats come January. But as far as being in the bubble, you should be pretty well protected. I’ve been twice since they have reopened and felt very safe. I will be there the week before you.

1 Like

I’ve been twice as well. :flushed: Yes, it’s a long flight for me (5 hours or more). I don’t know what will be happening at that point, but I have used and will use a KN-95 mask on the plane.

Yes. That is what I was thinking of.

3 Likes

Nothing another trip can’t cure :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just to back this up with some numbers from an expert:

https://twitter.com/ashishkjha/status/1334283952585138177?s=20

5 Likes

Boo! What do experts know? He’s clearly in the pockets of Big Pharma.

2 Likes

You’re making me feel much better. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

May we meet at DLR someday SOON! Or go there separately … but you know what I mean!

2 Likes

But 50mil is only ~1/6th of the US population. I don’t find that comforting

1 Like

But by the end of January! That’s actually better than I thought we’d do by that time.

1 Like

20-25% of the U.S. has likely already had the virus by some estimates, so that’s where he gets the 30%. Plus the people vaccinated will be those most likely to die from it, or who need the most protection (healthcare). So the measures that will be needed by that point will decrease substantially. It won’t take all risk away, it just means simple things like masks will go a lot further.

Hear hear!

4 Likes

TY. I appreciate you taking the time to explain.

2 Likes

Meanwhile Canada can expect up to 3 million by the end of March.
Breath should not be held.

1 Like

ROFL!!!

2 Likes

So I guess since I never travel during school vacations, I never realized how ridiculous the cost of airfare is!!!

$400 for one way (one person) to MCO from BOS? CRAAAAZZZZZY.

This trip looks like it may be dead in the water.

I knew my April trip wasn’t happening when I didn’t book on opening day.