Some Disney is better than no Disney - Trip Report

Oh man! It did use to be super rough. I remember that. Have you ridden since they retracked it?

Got checked into the Swan. Have Marriott status so got an upgrade to a resort view room with a balcony. Can’t see either park but still a nice view. Now we are at City Works at Disney Springs for dinner, some hockey, and this will shock y’all…more beers.

It’s nice to be in the bubble!

I’ll summarize what US/IOA was like overall once I get back to the hotel tonight.

18 Likes

We ALL wish we were there with u! :smile: cant wait to see more, especially the hotel. Ive never considered this as an option and really want to see if it has Disney Magic like the rest of the properties.

3 Likes

No. That was about a hundred years ago

2 Likes

Who’s your team??

Tampa Bay Lightning!

2 Likes

First round has arrived. Not pictured, the pretzel bites we armrests demolished :joy:

10 Likes

Food at City Works is great. And I can’t see brussel sprouts on a menu and not order them.

17 Likes

Overall thoughts from our quick day at Universal. I’ll also post over in the Universal section, but for those that do both parks:

• Mask compliance was high. Occasional folks walking while eating, or with a nose out here and there, but was overall pretty pleased.

• People really struggled giving space in the lines. 6 feet were marked, so it was easy to follow, but SO many people would walk up behind us. They did a good job staggering the markers when lines were next to each other and often that left more than six feet between the subsequent markers. People never really seemed to grasp that.

• Social distancing is really just not easy at a theme park. When in walkways or exiting rides, etc, no one is giving each other space. If that would make you uncomfortable, you’d have a tough day. Noticed it most in Hogsmeade and when exiting the park.

• IOA is tough in the rain, especially with the short hours. After about 2pm, there were only three possible rides in the park. If I was trying to do this 2 parks 1 day thing again I would start in US, then jump to IOA when it opens and knock out al the outdoor stuff first before going back to US.

• Crowds were low. Most lines were 15 minutes or less, and you could tell when you stopped moving for a bit that they were probably cleaning. Without the rain, getting all we wanted to do would have been pretty easy based on wait times. Not a ton of time to really explore and take in the settings though.

• It has somehow been almost twenty years since I was last at Universal. It was fun to do so many rides for the first time, although they definitely have a reliance on 3D rides which are kind of tough with a mask. You definitely get some fog on the glasses.

7 Likes

My DH said he’s going to BARK (and I mean literal bark) at people if they dont follow the social distancing in the lines and exits. Im just along for the ride :joy:

8 Likes

This is awesome as I have just added a Universal day to my October trip. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hahah amazing! Maybe we should give this a try tomorrow.

1 Like

16 Likes

Beautiful morning. Today we are heading to the MK. Have a placeholder reservation at The Wave to park at the Contemporary and hope to be in line on the walkway early. Goal is to knock out 7DMT and then head over to BTMRR and Splash.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Parked at CR and waiting at temp screening at 7:50 behind 5 families. They let us through at 7:53 and are holding us at the gates.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Opened the gates at 8:15!

14 Likes

Lots of people rope dropping Starbucks

11 Likes

Looks like you’re walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA
:notes:

8 Likes