Some Disney is better than no Disney - Trip Report

I’ve got my fist Swan stay booked for December. Would love to hear your thoughts on the Swan when you have the time. Thanks for taking us along on your trip!

Absolutely! I’ll let you know thoughts on Swan at the end.

1 Like

One of the cooler things about this whole thing is nothing is roped off in the mornings. All lands are open (but I don’t think all rides are active? I could be wrong). So a super relaxing and quiet morning walk through adventure land is awesome as everyone else is racing to 7dmt and space mountain, and splash and btmrr.

8 Likes

We walked on to 7DMT and then headed to Frontierland but BTMRR and Splash weren’t running yet. Headed to Pirates instead where we were the first riders of the day.

Then over to BTMRR which had about a 10 min wait.

Splash still getting ready and line hasn’t opened so we are heading to our group’s favorite…Haunted Mansion.

20 Likes

Haunted Mansion was a walk on and then got Peter Pan done with less than a 10 minute wait.

Now taking a quick break at Gaston’s Tavern. The Grey Stuff cupcake next to the cinnamon roll is comical.

19 Likes

That is hilarious actually

1 Like

I need to get there next trip!

:rofl: I’ve never seen those side by side before. That cupcake looks like it’s served in a thimble.

4 Likes

After refueling we did UTS which was a walk on before heading to Space Mountain. That ended up around a 20 minute wait.

Next up was Buzz, where I fell just short of becoming a Galactic Hero.

It is really hot today and lines have definitely picked up significantly. Thought about jumping into Small World line but just needed a little break from the heat. So instead we are going to do the Liberty Belle and hopefully that will bring us up close to our Jungle Canteen reservation.

15 Likes

Nice job on Buzz!! I really need to get back there and practice.

The biggest challenge is sometimes just figuring out which laser light is yours!

5 Likes

Checked into Jungle Canteen lunch, just waiting for our table. Looking forward to a mask break, some food and of course…a beer!

14 Likes

??? I’m pretty sure alcohol still isn’t allowed at MK. No?

ETA: Huh. Guess that’s changed. When did it change? I mean, I recall watching a video not that long ago talking about how you can’t get alcohol on MK property, other than in I think it was Club 33.

2 Likes

It’s been a while. When BOG opened you could get alcohol there at dinner, and maybe 2 years ago it was expanded to other TS restaurants.

1 Like

Yes, I’m not sure when it changed, but you can get alcohol at TS restaurants here now. I won’t pretend like it wasn’t a factor in our meal plans today :joy:

3 Likes

Interesting. Looks like the almighty dollar wins out again. It is really the only real reason Disney would forego that rule. Drives up profits! :slight_smile: It isn’t like staying a dry park was hurting attendance figures otherwise! :slight_smile:

1 Like

7 Likes

8 Likes

So bad at taking a picture before we dive in. Brazilian cheese bread is a favorite of mine so this was a no brainer.

9 Likes

What’s with the three glasses of clear liquid? You going straight vodka on rocks now? Hardcore!

:wink:

4 Likes