Solo trip report 8/31-9/7

this is one thing i’m excited to hear about! (btw, i might have one of those giant clip boards. :nerd_face:)

1 Like

Bahaha! :laughing: Enjoy!! We all loved this class!

3 Likes

Gotta use the old fashioned technique: hold it closer to your face

3 Likes

That works…unless you are around my age or older. In which case you invoke the bifocal…and when that starts to fail, you lift the glasses off your vision entirely.

1 Like

I hold it any closer it’ll be in back of me.

1 Like

Very fun!
Highly recommended. Not much to it, you sit down, and the instructor makes line, and tells you where (and how if need be) to make the same line.

Entertaining commentary included.

18 Likes

Ugh, $40 for a frame ain’t actually bad…
(Not to hold my sketch. As it wasn’t frame worthy. But if I buy a cell or something…)

5 Likes

I love the water molecule detailing.

2 Likes

Ugh… it’s been 10 minute. Time to eat.

5 Likes

14 Likes

I never liked the show. Sounds odd coming from an avowed animal lover, but I’ve seen so many really good free flight bird shows, this always seemed like a half-hearted spin off. And OMG the “story line” was insipid. I haven’t seen the new show yet, but watching a video of it makes me feel that it is far from being an improvement. I don’t know why everything has to be brought down to a 10 year old level

3 Likes

Story line? I don’t recall the original show having any kind of a story line. It was just a demonstration of the natural abilities of birds. Nothing gimmicky at all.

Agreed, we thought it was nothing special - I was always surprised by the love it got.

The whole schtick about some lost guide who stumbles into the arena and plays the slapstick idiot to the “real” trainer’s “straight man (or woman)”

1 Like

Hmm. I have no memory of that. Perhaps they did it when I saw it, but if they did, it didn’t bother me. I just found it refreshing to see a show that focused on birds and their natural abilities. I just can’t recall any attempt at slapstick or anything!

Looks good, how was it?

Is winged encounters not going anymore? It’s listed on the app, but there’s nothing showing show times and hasn’t happened at 9am

Fantastic. I was debating between chicken or beef and chose beef.

Good decisions are being made here.

2 Likes

Maybe they are not doing it on account of the weather?

How is the weather?

1 Like

I’ll add it to my list of new things to try!