Solo trip report 8/31-9/7

Favorite.

Also the one about being beautiful

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. 3 other people!

2 Likes

2 Likes

tell us about that dollar. i am unfamiliar

1 Like

happy to see you out in the parks today! hoping any storms today are scattered (and the parks continue to have low crowds). enjoying all the detail photos!

3 Likes

Not 100% sure. It was in Chester and hester’s. I took the photo to study later to see if it’s an actual dollar or a “Disney-fied”

And posted it so you guys could do my work for me. :wink:

3 Likes

OH!

That’s the first dollar they made when they opened their gas station!

To really appreciate this area, one should listen to - and even take - the guided tour offered by the Radio Harambe podcast. It’s a great walkthrough. I did it last June and that area makes SO MUCH SENSE now!

6 Likes

Yup. I will say knowing the story behind this makes it a ton more bearable and not the half-hearted attempt at something I originally took it for.

(Still would prefer something else though :rofl:)

Just finished up dinosaur. The ride would be a lot better without that screech at the end. That’s just unnecessary.

4 Likes

I need to quit monekyin’ around and get to my next fast pass.

(I apologize for NOTHING!)

6 Likes

Agree. I don’t LOVE it, but it sure is better with context.

I’m not sure how they think people will get these backstories though…

4 Likes

Especially THAT one, which is downright obscure. A little podunk carnival in the middle of nowhere that has absolutely no ties to any movie?

Could’ve easily been a Jurassic Park style setup and made more sense

2 Likes

Biggest takeaway from Up: a great bird adventure: chickens can be trained.

4 Likes

Unless they’re trained to pluck and fry themselves I don’t see the point :grin:

4 Likes

Apparently, they can also be deadly.

We used to really like that show. Hoped we would LOVE it with UP! overlay, as it’s one of our favorites.

Hate it now :frowning:

4 Likes

Yeah. I remember going into the bird show (what was it called? Flights of Wonder or something?) hesitantly, and coming out going, “Wow! That was really cool.” I rarely expect animal exhibition shows to leave me with that kind of feeling.

So, I’m really disappointed that everyone almost universally hates the UP! re-do.

It is a real dollar. It is a silver certificate. When a dollar is backed by gold or was many years ago, this dollar was backed by silver. They are not worth much more then a dollar.
Yes I collect coins or atlest I did when I was younger. Now I just look for coins that actualy have silver in them for resale.

5 Likes

Eh. It wasn’t that bad. The script involving russel and Doug could be cut by like…90%, but that’s my biggest complaint.

Nearly had my head crashed into by 2 birds. Kinda fun.

4 Likes

:grin:

No desks, but giant clip boards. Need to get me one of these.

11 Likes

:flushed:
I just tried to two-finger zoom in on my paper. Like it was an iPad.

:man_facepalming:t2:

19 Likes