Solo for the Gold (9/29 - 10/3/2021)

Excellent pictures! Looks like y’all had a fantastic day!

I know Disney is expensive, but when you really start comparing to other events it’s not THAT outrageous.

2 Likes

Perhaps this explains some of the recent brawls at the parks … :laughing:

5 Likes

Love that you are wearing the Pizza Planet shirt again at the fair

2 Likes

Its one of my favorite shirts. It’s nearly worn out actually. Probably get through the winter/spring and that’ll be it.

3 Likes

Pshaw

I have a shirt I’ve had for, literally, 11 years. It is my favorite shirt. When the kids were small they would sing “happy favorite shirt day to you!” to the tune of Happy Birthday when I would wear it.

OK it has a million holes and I only wear it to bed and I have to carefully navigate my way into it so as not to get stuck in one of said holes, but it’s hanging on. By a thread. Maybe two.

Your shirt has plenty more life in it. And don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

7 Likes

Cuteness overload! Looks like a fun day!

2 Likes

Such a great day at the fair! Thanks for sharing! So many beautiful smiles in your family!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

The crowd feels a bit different today. Dominated by crazy Disneyphiles like myself. Feels like I’m surrounded by my people. Like this guy, what an awesome vest…

His kids were not cooperating at all and yelled, cried, and climbed all around during COP. His littlest finally fell asleep near the end, and I saw him afterwards sitting in a shady spot holding her while his DW and other child went off to do something. Perhaps I’m just projecting my own frustration with my kids back in June, but that guy looked like he was taking a moment to recover.

My favorite hidden Mickey:

I don’t remember the TV screen from before, is that new or maybe it just wasnt working for me in the past.

Walked through the hub to scope out the crowds, then saw the Heffalumps and Woozles.

“Painting with dribbles that run down the wall is like doodling noodles that wiggle and crawl.” LOVE IT!

Finished the afternoon with another Splash and then checked out the Swiss Family Treehouse, which I’ve never done before. Lots of cool stuff to look at, and a nice view at the top.

11 Likes

Forgot to add that while walking from Pooh to Splash, I intended to get into the virtual queue for the Frontier Trading Post, but the queue was completely full all the way through park close at 11pm!!! DARN PIN COLLECTORS! I tried to make my case, I don’t want any pins, I just want some rocks from that ore cart in the middle of the room, right THERE! But no, no exceptions. I didn’t have hope anyways. Soooo, guess I’m coming back to MK tomorrow (had just planned to do AK+EP). Now my mental wheels are turning. Maybe I could squeeze in another BatB show at HS and make it a 4-park day. Yes, I think I will do that.

5 Likes

:scream: Never? I’m glad you fixed that. I love the treehouse! I’m kind of sad that DL changed Swiss Family to Tarzan. It’s still something I enjoy, but doesn’t give me the nostalgia feels like Swiss Family does. But I remember seeing the movie on the Wonderful World of Disney as a kid. I probably read the book too.

5 Likes

It’s been there.

They have those elsewhere too I think? Dang you couldn’t get it. Or did you…

2 Likes

I have a Mickey sweatshirt that I bought at DL in 1988. I still wear it once or twice a year because it’s my most favorite thing. My DD15 wore it to Disney Springs when we were there in July, and I told her that she’s the same age that I was when I purchased it.

3 Likes

I think he did go back and get it the next day if I remember right!

1 Like

NO SPOILERS!!!

(kidding!)

:laughing:

2 Likes

Should I blur that? :wink:

1 Like

Too late now, duh! :wink:

2 Likes

Walking through the hub to the Plaza where I’ve got a 6:30 ADR. I figured I could eat a quick dinner, and then weasle my way into a good spot for the fireworks around 7:30ish. But after seeing this crazy crowd (and the Plaza told me they were really behind), I decided to just skip dinner and go get a spot. Glad I did, because this spot is amazing. And they just put the tape down literally 1 inch from my butt.

I should have my Liner card revoked for several cases of s*#$ planning, and this was one. I thought the fireworks started at 8:15 like they did the night before. Nope, 9:00. So I sat/stood here for 150 minutes. Will never do that again. But, I guess it was worth it for this…

14 Likes

The sky in this pic is like :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Yeah it was the perfect ending to the day.

1 Like

And that castle in the night shots too!

2 Likes