Solo for the Gold (9/29 - 10/3/2021)

Holy monorail pic Batman. Gadzooks that’s beautiful!

4 Likes

The monorail underglow might be the best 50th improvement.

5 Likes

Walked onto Splash, now practically walking on to Pirates. What the heck is going on, the crowds in the hub were INSANE!

10 Likes

Waits are non-existent, but I’m here, so time for some tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room.

Found the lines - everyone is trying to get into the stores! There’s something I want here at the Frontier Trading Post, but the line is over an hour, and they just went to a virtual queue…

13 Likes

I’m glad you got your Splash pic! There is a huge thread on Chat of people complaining (rightly!) that they are missing out on pictures because of other guests not following mask rules.

3 Likes

Yeah I missed a few for that reason.

1 Like

That guy in front me took his off the second we left the loading station. I guess I got lucky on this one

2 Likes

Haunted mansion then made my way to Casey’s to pick up a mobile order and get a good spot to see the pianist at 11. Same pianist that played on opening day 50 years ago! At least something special for today

10 Likes

I make my office smell like GF/Contemporary/BC/YC, too! I keep waiting for a client to walk in and say, “OMG, it smells like Disney World!”

3 Likes

I got “Ocean Flight” wax melts from Core Memory Candles for my classroom - they smell like BC Lobby/Fiji scene in Soarin/Ocean smell in Pandora. Yesterday my friend who’s one of the speech therapists walked in to get a kid and stopped and said “Is it me, or does it smell like Beach Club in here?”

Yep! It sure does!

5 Likes

The mobile order system failed in an epic way on the 50th. According to Len on the Disney Dish, the mobile order system was so overloaded that it started glitching, and the decision was made to just reset the system, meaning that all orders were canceled. When that happened everyone started re-ordering (on top of people that were ordering for the first time), and the system went nuts again. So much so that Disney decided to just turn off the in-park Wifi. Which explains why I couldn’t get a signal hardly at all the rest of the day (darn you vloggers for jamming up the cell signals). Not sure where I was in this picture, but…

So I hit the “I’m here, make my order” button or whatever it said, but it’s been 45 minutes and orders still not ready. I’m now inside complaining and it’s a mad house. Lots of upset guests, some have waited over an hour. Sadly, this means I’m not going to get a good spot to watch the pianist. I can see out the window the crowd that’s forming. Oh well, what can I do?

Still managed to see the pianist, but I was not close whatsoever, and couldn’t get a good shot.

Look at how big the crowd of angry guests has become!

Scarfed my hotdog, and now enjoying the hub for a bit before making my way over to Philharmagic.

Line for food cart…

Nothing like camping out in the Florida sun for 10 hours for the fireworks view you want…

Still can’t believe I’m here today!

11 Likes

You know what’s interesting? This happened to us on our May trip and I had to call to recover them. On my September trip, we were given all photos- even the ones where masks were required. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Met @LTinNC82 and @len, then CBJ (wish I had known about the Liner sing a long that had just happened), and HOP

Waited in a 30 minute line to get into the emporium. Line started close to the hub, went all the way down to the barber shop and back to the northern entrance to Emporium. Got the 50th anniversary AP shirt I wanted in my size though, totally worth the wait. Also got the kids some things. It was really packed in there. I think the crowd control was for fire code, not Covid.

Made my way to Tomorrowland for a Cosmic Rays mobile order (just a small coke) and to find a place to plug in my phone. Saw group of older VIP types getting pictures and hanging out at the terrace, wonder who they are? Realized I didn’t see the laugh floor in June because it hadn’t opened yet, so did that first.

14 Likes

I was finally able to sit down and read your report. So fun you made it for the 50th!!! Great pics and fun liner meets!!!

3 Likes

Cosmic Ray’s mobile order was another total failure. All I ordered was a fountain drink and still 45-60 minute wait to get inside. Booooo. So I rode the Little Mermaid “wide” for my DD2, checked out a few sights, and now I’m in phone charging timeout for 30-40 minutes. Next up is COP.

11 Likes

And now, during a short intermission of this trip report down memory lane, a few pics from the Texas State Fair from today! We rope dropped the rides, then checked out the car show, petting zoo, and birthing barn (lots of cute babies, one calf was just born today!), the boys did the “pee-wee rodeo” and DS5 was picked to be the clown, and finished up the day with some pig racing. Quite the opposite of Disney, but it was a ton of fun. And crazy enough, about the same price as a day at Disney!!!

17 Likes

As nice a view as the birthing suite at AK?

These are some fantastic pics :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The one of your DS in the car driving? Don’t blink - that will be reality before you know it :wink:

4 Likes

Exactly my thought in that moment

3 Likes

When I was there at the end of Sept., we stopped in the Emporium after HEA. Huge mistake! It was like Black Friday shopping in there, like shoulder to shoulder people. :scream: One lady with a stroller (don’t get me started) yelled at everyone, “fine I will just run over everyone’s feet!” And then she did. :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

5 Likes