Solo for the Gold (9/29 - 10/3/2021)

Just now trying to catch up with the forum. Looks like you had an amazing experience in a few short days! Thanks for all of the beautiful photos and trip report. So glad you got the opportunity to be there for the 50th!

2 Likes

After FOP I walked on to NRJ (820am) and the safari (840am)! What a great start to an epic day of touring!

IMG_9912
IMG_9916
IMG_9920

IMG_9932

IMG_9937

Checked out Gorilla Falls trail, my first time on either of the trails. We usually skip these because we have two world-class zoos within 30-45 minutes of our home which we visit several times each year. But after watching the Animal Kingdom show on Disney+, I’m interested in seeing familiar places/animals, like baby Grace. She was skipping around her mom and dad, it was so cute. Too bad I can’t upload a video.

It’s 920am and I’m off to Everest…

10 Likes

Those giraffe pictures with the sunlight streaming through… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Walked onto EE the first time through standby to see the queue, then two more rides via SR. Although I’ve been on this a few times in the past, today was the first time I saw the Yeti. I never knew what to look for. And as you’re coming down, banking sharply through the mountain, your head is pulled down by the force. So I was never looking up. My advice, make sure you see the Yeti. It had me screaming like a little girl.

Now, I’m in need of a drink and a show…

… and another drink …

13 Likes

You’ve never noticed the Yeti before?! :scream:
I won’t ride on the right-hand side (if I can help it) because it freaks me out so much. I’m honestly glad it doesn’t move. That would be too much. :fearful:

5 Likes

After some wonderful libations, I’m making my way to Conservation Station for some sketchy activities.

MY MASTERPIECE!

Checking out the rest of the station, then I’m done with AK. Trying to get to MK right when PH opens at 2.

9 Likes

Rained while I was on the bus, but stopped as I was walking up to the tapstiles. Perfect timing!

One more time!

Before HM, I got in the virtual queue for Frontier Trading post, and when they texted me that I could come back, I still had to wait in line for about 45 minutes. All I wanted were some dang rocks! The CM showing the in-stock inventory of pins kept giving me a hard time about it. Don’t they have rocks in Dallas? Yes, yes we do. But these are MAGICAL rocks! I got these for the kids, and told them they were gifts from the 7 dwarfs.

One more ride, then I’m off to HS.

Another example of iPhone’s low-light capability ruining a tableau. This pirate ship model just looks silly!

9 Likes

This is AWESOME!!! I love it! Geologist Dad.

2 Likes

I wondered why the rocks! How neat!

Love your Scar!

2 Likes

How did I not know this?

2 Likes

I strategically wait for the other person to go in first! I think @JustKeepSmiling knows I need to ride on the left. For sure my kids know. :joy:

6 Likes

Just bought that shirt. You have good taste.

6 Likes

I’ll protect you from that big, bad yeti!

3 Likes

Been looking for a good button-up disney shirt for a few years. As soon as I saw this online somewhere, I added it to my touring plan cheat sheet.

I was so disappointed when the CM behind the counter said they didn’t have a large. I was moping around the emporium looking for other souvenirs for the kids when she tapped me on the shoulder and said she had found a large for me. WOOHOO!

13 Likes

This is the kind of Disney magic that makes their customer experience above the rest!

I had a similar experience at the gift shop in WL a couple years ago. My BFF was with me and she was looking for a visor vs a hat. A CM overheard us and said “visors? Oh I’ve got visors” and proceeded to show us all that she had available and even look up other options in other locations since she didn’t really like the couple that were available. That really helped seal the deal for my BFF on why I love going to WDW and just how magical it can really be.

5 Likes

$5.99 for a rock? It’s as though they really did come from the 7 Dwarfs. :laughing: Good move, Dad! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s great that she found one for you. I got the last large that they had out. I keep pictures of everything I want to buy in a Disney Merch album in my gallery. Then delete them as I get them.

I really wanted that shirt and this one which I could not find. Still searching

4 Likes

This is an all time favorite safari pic for me :star_struck:

6 Likes

It’s not easy to spot! I didn’t see it on my first couple of rides and DS didn’t believe me that there was a yeti there at all after 4 or 5 rides. I make sure to look for it now.

I should turn in my Liner card for this, but until I heard Jim/Len talk about the Yeti in detail, I actually thought that the silhouette Yeti that rips up the track was where the AA yeti used to be. I assumed that when the yeti stopped working they removed it and replaced it with that projection. Boy was I wrong!

5 Likes