Solo for the Gold (9/29 - 10/3/2021)

I wondered why the rocks! How neat!

Love your Scar!

2 Likes

How did I not know this?

2 Likes

I strategically wait for the other person to go in first! I think @JustKeepSmiling knows I need to ride on the left. For sure my kids know. :joy:

6 Likes

Just bought that shirt. You have good taste.

6 Likes

I’ll protect you from that big, bad yeti!

3 Likes

Been looking for a good button-up disney shirt for a few years. As soon as I saw this online somewhere, I added it to my touring plan cheat sheet.

I was so disappointed when the CM behind the counter said they didn’t have a large. I was moping around the emporium looking for other souvenirs for the kids when she tapped me on the shoulder and said she had found a large for me. WOOHOO!

13 Likes

This is the kind of Disney magic that makes their customer experience above the rest!

I had a similar experience at the gift shop in WL a couple years ago. My BFF was with me and she was looking for a visor vs a hat. A CM overheard us and said “visors? Oh I’ve got visors” and proceeded to show us all that she had available and even look up other options in other locations since she didn’t really like the couple that were available. That really helped seal the deal for my BFF on why I love going to WDW and just how magical it can really be.

5 Likes

$5.99 for a rock? It’s as though they really did come from the 7 Dwarfs. :laughing: Good move, Dad! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s great that she found one for you. I got the last large that they had out. I keep pictures of everything I want to buy in a Disney Merch album in my gallery. Then delete them as I get them.

I really wanted that shirt and this one which I could not find. Still searching

4 Likes

This is an all time favorite safari pic for me :star_struck:

6 Likes

It’s not easy to spot! I didn’t see it on my first couple of rides and DS didn’t believe me that there was a yeti there at all after 4 or 5 rides. I make sure to look for it now.

I should turn in my Liner card for this, but until I heard Jim/Len talk about the Yeti in detail, I actually thought that the silhouette Yeti that rips up the track was where the AA yeti used to be. I assumed that when the yeti stopped working they removed it and replaced it with that projection. Boy was I wrong!

5 Likes

You don’t want to know how much I’ve spent on some of my rocks…

3 Likes

Made it over to HS around 4:10, a little bit of time to kill before BatB at 5, so I popped into Walt Disney Presents for a few minutes.

IMG_0092
IMG_0095
IMG_0096
IMG_0098
IMG_0099
IMG_0101
IMG_0102
IMG_0106

I had planned to walk over to Epcot after the show, but there was no wait for ToT. So I decided to stay a while longer.

IMG_0108
IMG_0112
IMG_0115
IMG_0117
IMG_0118
IMG_0122
IMG_0124
IMG_0125
IMG_0128
IMG_0131
IMG_0135
IMG_0136
IMG_0138
IMG_0140

Walking over to Epcot at 7:15. Should have plenty of time to see the American Adventure, get a drink and find a spot for Harmonious.

7 Likes

7 Likes

That girl next to me on ToT was crazy scared. She kept saying “F&%$, F%&$, F%&$” the whole ride. But as soon as we got off, she and her friend ran around and got back in the queue! Funny

4 Likes

Pretty sure I covered this in the live portion above, so here’s just a photo dump to finish Day 4.

On the bus at 10:20, stopped into the ASMu foodcourt for a slice of pizza (barely ate anything today!), and was probably in bed around 1130ish after packing. DME picks me up at 5:20am :sob::sob::sob:

10 Likes

Day 5 (Oct 3) – Day of Tragedy

The End…

14 Likes

Where did you see this random turtle?!

4 Likes

Jordan - What a trip! I really enjoyed your report. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes