Soarin Challenge

Glad you made it safe. I can’t say I would make that decision, but I have made some quite unsafe decisions in my life too. Now that my job revolves around safety, I consider it quite more often than I used to.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeah sometimes I can’t believe I did some of the things I did but I guess that’s what youth and/or waiting-until-you’re-32-before-having-kids is for hahaha. Needless to say, I would never do that now !!!

1 Like

I went to Egypt as part of a travel abroad program in college (many, many, many years ago). We were at the pyramids (this was pre-cell phone) and did the touristy thing of riding a camel there. We were two young women (sophomore in college) who were on a camel with these two guys who started going away from our group and the pyramids. We were somewhat apprehensive at the time but the thrill of it outweighed the possible danger. We did start to protest loudly and we ended up heading back to the group. But, looking back now…my gosh the bad things that could have happened :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Super Cool! I think I can smell the Jasmine on the ride now! Ha!

1 Like

Oh, that is not good.

1 Like

Yikes indeed !!! :scream:

This is much harder then the World Showcase challenge - (How many WS countries have you visited), which made me realize how unrelated they are! I always assumed they were about the same places, without ever thinking about it.

1 Like

Let me think:

• Mexico - No…they push Canadians off of balconies and say the fell. :scream:
  • Norway - No…only in the movies and WDW. Would love to go. Does Disney have a ABD trip?
  • China - Maybe someday. Too many strange viruses flying around these days.A lot of political unrest around Hong Kong.
  • Germany - Not yet. On my list to do for sure.
  • Italy - Not yet. Really want to do the ABD trip.
  • United States - Yes…Been to many states, but not all of them yet.
  • Japan - Yes…been twice!
  • Morocco - No…nerves are keeping me from here.
  • France - Not Yet…Will be running the Paris Marathon in the next few years and will check the box on this one.
  • United Kingdom - Yes…Two trips to the London area.
  • Canada - Yes…this is where I am living now. Beautiful country.

That is a terrible start…4 of 11. I need to pick up the pace if I am going to make it before my dirt nap.

2 Likes

I’ve only done Monument Valley and WDW! I don’t really want to go to a few of these in person TBH but it would be cool to see them from a distance.

The trouble is, by the time many of you get around to seeing all these, WDW will introduce a new film with new sites to visit!

1 Like

For me

Canada - :white_check_mark:

England - I’ve been to Heathrow but I didn’t leave so :man_shrugging:t5:

France - :x:

Morocco - :x:

Japan - :x:

US - :white_check_mark:

Italy - :x:

Germany - in a couple of days

China - :x:

Norway - :x:

Mexico - :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Great love this. Ok if we are talking World Showcase:

Canada :white_check_mark:
UK :white_check_mark:
France :white_check_mark:
Morocco-
Japan-
US :white_check_mark:
Italy :white_check_mark:
Germany :white_check_mark:
China :white_check_mark:
Norway :white_check_mark:
Mexico-

2 Likes

Excellent…so I assume @galuchies_463555 and @DanCo tour world showcase counter-clockwise. :rofl:

8 out of 11 is impressive.

1 Like

LOL, i always start in Canada. They have the best food during the festivals. Plus I am half French Canadian so there’s that.

Hoping to get to Tokyo Disney so i should add that within the next few years. Not sure about Morocco and I know DW has no desire to go to Mexico.

Très bien, mon ami

1 Like
  1. Sydney- not yet
  2. The Great Wall- yes, Done
  3. Taj Mahal- yes, Done
  4. Monument Valley- yes, Done
  5. Iguazu Falls Argentina- yes, Done
  6. The Matterhorn- not yet
  7. Ice Fjords of Greenland- not yet
  8. Nueschwanstein Castle- yes, Done
  9. Mt Kilamanjaro- yes, Done
  10. Great Pyramids- not yet
  11. Fiji- not yet
  12. Paris- yes, Done
  13. WDW- yes, Done

8/13 Completed. :purple_heart::blush::earth_americas::earth_africa::earth_asia::sunny:

2 Likes

World Show Case Challenge:

• Mexico - Yes
  • Norway - Not yet.
  • China - Yes, and Hong Kong too
  • Germany - Yes
  • Italy - Yes
  • United States - Yes, majority of states
  • Japan - Yes
  • Morocco - No
  • France - Yes
  • United Kingdom - Yes
  • Canada - Yes

9/11 so far. I don’t think I will ever get to Morocco. I definitely want to visit Norway in my lifetime. :star2::blush::purple_heart:

1 Like

Wow looks like you are close to completing both. I think the Pyramids and Greenland will be the most difficult for me to get done, hopefully it will happen. Oh, and welcome to the forum

1 Like

Ha ha, if only India smelled like that!

2 Likes

Such a fun challenge! Alas I am in the throes of the multiple small kids phase of life. Someday I will travel internationally with them. And some day I will do more amazing trips without them!

I spent several months of clinicals in Kenya & the safari we did is my most favorite travel experience of all time. I can’t wait to take my kids!

2 Likes