Soarin Challenge

It was much more Haunted Mansion than Sleeping Beauty when we were there.

8 Likes

Oh, that does have an eerie feeling about it.

What a fun idea!!! I’ll be joining the after 2030 club! Although starting to plan for Italy, Hawaii, and Yellowstone. (I’ve been but want to see them with my kiddo).

2 Likes

We took our kids to Hawaii when they were in middle school they loved it. Yellowstone was actually our last trip with all 4 of us. We went over new years while they were on break from college. Its been a long time since i have been there during the summer, one of my favorite National Parks

1 Like

That’s stunning!

1 Like

Yay! I’ve done number 13!

Ahem.

5 Likes

8 - 10 -12 -13 done

6 coming up this summer

All the others are on my list for sure !!!

1 Like

I have only been to WDW and to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, so only 12 and 13 from the list. Would love to go to all of them, but with twin 3rd graders, it isn’t in the cards for me for a long time. I’ll be joining this challenge sometime around when they both leave college.

2 Likes

Wow, how did you like the Pyramids. DW is a little nervous to go there, though she is in Columbia now but that is ok? Zermott is the town at the base of the Matterhorn. Only access is by train. Such a nice Swiss mountain town, you will love it there.

1 Like

We went to Egypt for a month in 2009, was sort of a calmer period. I don’t think I would go now. It was really intense in some of the most touristic places; a lot of undercover cops dressed like secret services agents with Uzis hanging inside their jackets, metal detectors everywhere. My favorite thing was sleeping under the stars (no tents) with the Bedouins in the desert, feeding the rest of our dinners to desert foxes. The pyramids were really cool too (went inside one) and all the crazy temples and ruins (luxor, abu simbel, valley of the kings, etc.). We sailed the Nile on a felucca, fishing for our meals. We hiked Mount Sinai in the night to watch the sun rise from the top. We snorkelled in the red sea. All in all it was an absolutely stunning trip and one of the best of my life. Down sides were food (really hard on the digestive system; and I never had any problems anywhere else) and also the locals were more aggressive in trying to get our money than anywhere else I went and were not always very nice (but that last thing might be because I am full of tattoos which is a big no no for some muslims; an old man even spat on the ground in front of me at the train station in Cairo; many people were still really nice). I would highly recommend it if the political situation calmed back down…

11 13

8 Likes

Great photos! I’ve been to the Pyramids as well, but it was awhile ago and I have to agree that I don’t think I would travel there now.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat!

If I have done #13 13 times, can I take credit for the rest? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That sounds like an amazing trip, talk about once in a lifetime, great pictures. Not sure if we would be that adventurous. As cool as it sounds to sleep under the stars its not really something DW would be up to. We are avid hikers so i could see us hiking Mt Sinai to see the sunrise. I am truly intrigued by the Valley of the Gods. We will make it there, but as you said things need to settle down there.

2 Likes

I remember we talked about this challenge when we met in January. Iguazu falls did not dissapoint

2 Likes

We did!

I remember being so impressed with the idea. One day I will make an attempt, but not yet…not yet.

I love the photo!

1 Like

Wow, that sounds amazing, especially sleeping under the stars!

1 Like

These photos look simply amazing. Wish I could do that. Not sure I would feel safe, but would be fun if safety was guaranteed (which it never truly can be).

2 Likes
  1. Taj Mahal

1. Nueschwanstein Castle (next week)

2. WDW (obviously)

6 Likes

Thanks. :smiley:

I gotta admit I felt unsafe several times in several different countries LOL !!! I got a bit scared a few times during that trip in Egypt, but it’s part of the adventure. The difficult thing is to try to figure whether you are feeling scared because of the change of scenery, disorientation and loss of cultural points of references or because you really are in danger. In retrospective, I know of several times when I felt scared (especially in Vietnam and Cuba) for no good reasons, just because I was not understanding what was going on around me. Most likely I did put myself in real danger a few times too.

But the worse is when you’re just too stupid or naive to realize you are being unsafe. Our first night in Cairo, my wife and I went for a walk, at 10 PM, with no plans and no maps. We just started walking randomly in the city. The largest or 2nd largest city in Africa. With a super high crime rate. With a blond and blue-eyed young woman wearing shorts and a tank top. At night. Let’s just say it was…eventful… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Have a great trip !!! Beautiful place !!! :smiley:

1 Like