Soarin Challenge

So this is kind of like a survey or hopefully it may inspire someone else to take on the challenge that my DW has set for us. Although we frequently visit the world DW and I love to travel. Now that our kids are done with college and moved away and there are no more home improvement projects needed to be done we have decided to focus more on life experiences.

So here is the challenge, we want to visit all the sites that are shown in Soarin Around the World. Here is the list of destinations in no particular order and which ones we have seen and which are already planned in the immediate future. We just got back from a 3 week trip in South America and added on 2 days to fly up to Iguazu Falls.

1. Sydney- DW has been, we are going in Jan 2021
  2. The Great Wall- Done
  3. Taj Mahal- DW done but not me yet
  4. Monument Valley- Done
  5. Iguazu Falls Argentina- Done
  6. The Matterhorn- Done (honeymoon)
  7. Ice Fjords of Greenland-
  8. Nueschwanstein Castle- Winter 2022
  9. Mt Kilamanjaro-
  10. Great Pyramids
  11. Fiji- Jan 2021
  12. Paris- Done
  13. WDW- Done

So i am wondering how many have you been to, are you willing to take the challenge

Fixed the numbering problem

15 Likes

I’m in! As soon as my twins complete college! (Circa 2032!) :joy:

2 :white_check_mark:
10 :white_check_mark:
11 :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Here is a picture from 2 weeks ago from Iguazu.

12 Likes

#7 2024. To be seen not climbed :wink:

4 Likes

4,8,10,11. Love Neushweinstein - the real Sleeping beauty Castle. Challenging list!

2 Likes

What an awesome idea.
I’ve only done 10 and 11.
I’m a long way off.
I was just watching Mulan the other day and thinking about the Great Wall and wondering what it would be like to see it in person.
Then I decided that I’d be just as content to experience it Soarin’-style, so I’m all good with 10 and 11 (or even just 11).

2 Likes

I can relate! Mine are juniors. Double tuition is painful. Sorry.

2 Likes

And the other 8, 10 and 11

3 Likes

I’ve only been to 10, 11 and 5, but I saw a total eclipse of the sun in Iguazu, does that count for two?

2 Likes

challenge accepted!! I’ve only been to 2, 3, 6, 8 (both castle and pyramids), 10 and 11but all of the rest are on my bucket list. Except Monument Valley which is ironic because it is probably the easiest to get to!

1 Like

Sounds like a plan, it will be quite a while before we complete it as well

2 Likes

You can hit up Shanghai Disney and the Great Wall in one trip, do it

1 Like

My two were in at the same time as well, but as of last year they are both officially off payroll and self supportive.

1 Like

That has to count for something. Isn’t Iguazu amazing? It was just god awful hot and humid when we were there.

1 Like

The best way, don’t see a need to climb it.

2 Likes

That’s the castle pic I want to get

1 Like

That’s really interesting! I would not have thought of that.

1 Like

That must be an amazing feeling!!

1 Like

I was so ridiculously excited to see it in person.

1 Like

Your time will come.

1 Like