"Snacks" in your room poll

Dammit this just made me change my Instacart order for next week to the resort from “healthy-ish” breakfast bars to little chocolate donuts…

6 Likes

This is a dangerous thread. No food at work because I know thyself.
Working from home this afternoon and wouldn’t ya know, now there’s a little pile of cheez-it’s next to me!!!

5 Likes

Bagels
Pepperoni
Chocolate
Craisins
Nuts of some sort
Fruit juices esp in summer

2 Likes

Little Debbie has entered the chat…

5 Likes

This is exactly what I do.

1 Like

The only snack I’ve ever had in-room at WDW is caramel popcorn from Epcot.

It’s very dangerous as I can eat a whole bag in a single sitting without breaking a sweat.

6 Likes

Wait - but is it a snack or a drink??

1 Like

:100:

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Cheezits are a favorite road trip food. We also love sweetened dried mango and grapes.

2 Likes

Mine are mostly liquids: water, tea bags and wine. Also crackers with can of easy cheese. We like to be classy when we drink the wine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It’s not a yes or no.

Please see related thread

1 Like

Can of easy cheese with a can of wine. Double winner!

4 Likes

You are no longer in charge of snacks

2 Likes

A stick of pepperoni, a stick of spicy soppressata, cheese, nuts, olives, dark chocolate…and then a bunch of junk for the kids

3 Likes

I want to snack at your house.

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…as previously posted…because y’all would be disappointed if I didn’t… :wink:

Snacks are anything smaller than a normal meal portion eaten between meals. A child’s portion may qualify as a snack. Splitting a normal meal portion may qualify as a snack. A normal meal portion may even be considered a snack if normally timed meals are still eaten (or were intended to be eaten!). Any type of food substance may qualify as a snack. Including soup.

Beverages are not snacks, but may take the place of a snack. Beverages are intended to be sipped from a cup or through a straw. The edition of accessory chewables (boba, ice, etc) does not change its intended beverage status, nor would putting it in a bowl just because, nor if a thicker-than-usual status suggests a spoon to be useful (such as shakes and icees). However, adding an ingredient in a form that is normally eaten with a utensil converts it to a snack (ex. a float). We acknowledge there is thus a fine line between a shake being a beverage but a float being a snack but that’s where we’ve landed. (Not unanimously.) Consuming something as if it were a beverage (ex. cup-a-soup) does NOT change its classification to a beverage.

A collection of snacks can take the place of a meal (ex. tapas). Appetizers are really just snacks timed to be eaten before a normal meal potion at a mealtime. Calling them appetizers when eaten singly between meals will invoke an eye roll.

This. Unless it’s food we purchased in the park to be eaten as room snacks. Or leftovers from the parks/meals.

But we do pack these for RD mornings. And poptarts. Because they can be emergency meals or whatever and generally survive being toted on the trip and back home, where they are now post-trip souvenirs. So mama doesn’t need to prep breakfast for a few days.

And lots of bottled water. Because we’re on vacation and drinking whatever is age-legal in the parks.

8 Likes

Chips and salsa, Little Debbie Star Crunch, peanut or peanut butter M&Ms

1 Like

Star crunch reminds me of Lance star bites. They were like Boston baked means, but crunchy. Man those were good.

Canned cheese? Like whipped cream in a can but cheese? Sounds interesting.

2 Likes