Show me your Disney!

We just bought a new house and I’d like to incorporate some Disney in my decorating. The house is what you might call “modern farmhouse.” Thanks to my lack of creativity, I’m really struggling to figure out how to mesh the two. So please, post pictures of the Disney you have in your house. I need any and every idea. Thanks!!

3 Likes

I wish I had something to share. I’m working in this too. Can’t wait to see what is shared here. Nice thread to start!

2 Likes

Ok you’ve looked at Pinterest right!? Here are two safe things I want to do

6 Likes

I know for sure I want to do these two things in my office:

9 Likes

Sweet. I’ve been looking for ideas for all the magic bands. I thing I should put it by the keys. Lol

1 Like

Years ago DW had a much nicer home section. High quality design for household but it seems to be diminished. Even quality sheets/bedding is hard to find. I’ve seen some nice things at Pottery Barn

2 Likes

I was actually just on their site the other day and quite pleased by the amount of organic Disney bedding. My boys want Transformers though. And we already have a nautical theme in the girls’ room that I’m in love with.

2 Likes

I would look at some photos from vacation rental homes near Orlando for Disney decorating inspiration. They all seem to incorporate Disney into their decor. And I’d also buy everything in the Home section of ShopDisney. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

This would be my suggestion as well. Some people just have touches of Disney, while others go all out.

Try VRBO and search for Disney.

3 Likes

I wonder where or who creates Disney’s fixtures? Like faucets, light scones that have Mickeys’ built in. I would buy those before commit to painting a wall of Mickey

1 Like

These rugs are in multiple colors and at Home Depot and Overstock that I know of.
From a distance the Mickey heads are less noticeable.

9 Likes

Congratulations on your new home!

I went with a rug, too. This one is from Ruggable. These rugs are very flat but work well in an office or kitchen.

5 Likes

ooo tell me about Ruggables… I’ve been wanting to ask someone that really has one.

2 Likes

Me too.

They are a little pricy, but I love the patterns.

3 Likes

I have only had mine for a month so I haven’t washed it yet. That’s the only part that concerns me because I heard that they will curl on the edges after washing. It has two layers - a very thin fabric like top layer and a thin rubber pad underneath held together like velcro. My only complaint so far is that it was very difficult to roll and smooth out. I would not want to clean it often or use it in a large room like a living room. It’s more like an indoor/outdoor rug vs a traditional pile rug but it does look nice in quality.

I agree, yours looks very nice. So, you’ll report back after the first washing :upside_down_face: ?

1 Like

We have a rug that the corners tended to curl up. My wife found these. (Well, something like these…not sure if these are the same brand, but in the very least the same concept.)

If, however, they are curling other places other than the corners, I’m not sure these will be enough to help.

3 Likes

LOVE! Love, Love, Love, Love!

So it would work well in an office or somewhere else low traffic?

I love the idea of looking for inspiration elsewhere like others suggested VBRO/similar and Pinterest.

I’d be careful on ShopDisney though. As much as I’m a fan, I’m not always a fan of their quality where as Pottery Barn is usually pretty first rate.

1 Like