Show me your Disney!

My opinion is it would work well in an office, dining room, kitchen, hallway, those sorts of areas. I like it in my office because I can still roll my chair on it.

2 Likes

One easy idea: pillows/pillowcases? I was looking at Star Wars stuff for my son (ok, for myself…) on shopdisney and noticed they have plenty of pillows in many themes, some look a bit cheesy but there were some nice “minimal” ones too.

Same with art and posters, they have quite a bit and some look nice, others a bit cheap. Worth having a look any way

2 Likes

I think this is the big dilemma! I don’t want it to be cheesy, but I want it to have a bit of that Disney flair. For instance, the picture below is my coffee bar (picture from real estate listing, right now it is sitting empty). I want to stuff it with Disney mugs, but I want it to still look “classy.” I’m not good at figuring out that line!

3 Likes

I think you started that ‘classy’ bit by color repetition with the mugs. I’ve tried to do that too w/ some open shelving; I think it looks less cluttered if the colors are more alike… monochromatic? BTW: What is the paint color… grey/gray on walls please? :grimacing:

1 Like

So those aren’t my mugs, they are the mugs from the previous owners. We haven’t moved in yet. And I haven’t started my Disney mug collection yet! I agree about monochromatic. It’s hard though, so much of Disney is so colorful. And the colors in this house are very muted. Lots of grays. Here is the kitchen:

I’m not sure of the color off hand. They left a bunch up in the attic, so I’m sure I can track it down, but it is not advised that I go in the attic right now (37 weeks pregnant). If you message me in a month I would be happy to look for you :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, no climbing in the attic at 37 weeks pg… thank you! :wink: That kitchen looks wonderful! We had grey walls in our rental in Utah and I LOVED it. I need to paint here in the new house in FL. I want gray. It was calming and a great neutral; went w/ everything.

2 Likes

I love the gray cabinets! That is the plan for my kitchen. Eventually.

1 Like

Super cute kitchen! I agree. Monochromatic with light splashes of color. I love how that floor contrasts the grey. So putting a wide assortment of princess pink or Mickey yellow cups, probably not the best to display so you don’t over contrast even more with such an already bold floor.

The Disney site right now has some super cute muted grey and white charger and dish sets. Maybe use that for the display space? Or A couple of cute display plates?

7 Likes

I love this one too…it’s not over the top in your face. Almost like finding hidden Mickeys.

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-charger-plate-disney-homestead-collection-400021286962.html?isProductSearch=0&plpPosition=4&guestFacing=Home-Tabletop%2520%2526%2520Kitchen-Dinnerware

1 Like

Thanks! I usually walk into a new house with the intention of changing pretty much everything (I redid wall color, floors, counters, tile, and the bathroom cabinets in our current house), so it was really amazing to find a house that I actually like just the way it is!

2 Likes

These are perfect!

1 Like

These too! Would you like to come decorate for me?!

1 Like

I love, love, love this kitchen. Now I need to see your master bathroom, as we are getting ready to remodel ours, and if they did the kitchen this well I am assuming the master bath is fabulous as well.

3 Likes

I have some of these

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-mug-disney-homestead-collection-400021287013.html?isProductSearch=0&plpPosition=15&guestFacing=Home-Tabletop%2520%2526%2520Kitchen

1 Like

The animal head is not mine!! Perhaps I’ll replace it with a Mickey head :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not as big of a fan of the bathroom as I am the kitchen. The shower tile really does nothing for me.

This is my current bathroom:

The picture quality is not great, blame my old school Blackberry!!

3 Likes

Thank you! The size of the new bathroom is fantastic, but I do agree not as great as the kitchen. The animal head would definitely have to go. I really like the tile and countertops from your current bathroom, plus that tub looks wonderful. We are getting rid of our garden tub, it takes up too much space and we are adding more closet space that is desperately needed, but if we were keeping a tub I would totally put in one of these free standing ones. Both your houses are lovely!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Yes, I am really quite partial to the tile and countertops in my current bathroom. I am not a creative type, so picking all that out and putting it together was quite the process for me.

I love my tub too, but unfortunately it spends far far more time filled with clean laundry than me and some bubblebath!

2 Likes

It looks like a lot of that Disney Homestead Collection is sold out :sob:

Do they tend to restock this sort of stuff, or am I out of luck?

1 Like

I see it in resort gift shops all the time. So I would think yes

2 Likes

I’ve seen it a lot as well. Fingers crossed on a restock before they start pushing the holiday stuff.

@vcka I love those mugs too! Just enough magic without being “cartoon-y”.

I’ve had those oven mitts from that collection for a while now, a few years at least. Just this week I got the newest grey toned understated mitts that are gorgeous.

2 Likes