Should I go on this cruise that you can't go on?

Agreed, Liverpool is great.

1 Like

The cruise I’m looking at would be the third one in the itinerary. Is that enough time for them to have worked out the kinks?

1 Like

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

[complete sentence.]

1 Like

I would say so. Probably one cruise to shake off the general rust of not having any in a long time, and maybe two to get the hang of the new embark/disembark locations specifically.

1 Like

How close is the one you booked to your Florida trip?

The Liverpool one is a month before it. The Newcastle one is a week after it.

1 Like

Oh. Yeah. I would switch to Liverpool.

1 Like

I hadn’t realised how close the Newcastle one was until @Figment20 asked the question.

I have two reservations about Liverpool. First, that’s it’s early in the season and the crew might not be operating like a well-oiled machine. Second, the later the cruise, the more likely they will relax some of the COVID stuff. Maybe.

I have two plusses about Liverpool. First, the timing is better from a number of perspectives. Second, I can do a side trip to Liverpool itself. Third (of two), sooner is better, isn’t it? Sooner is always better.

2 Likes

I’m all about experiences so Liverpool would be my vote.

2 Likes

I don’t really think that a few weeks is going to make that much difference to the COVID protocols, so I wouldn’t let that sway the decision. The timing is the thing that really makes Liverpool seem best. But … for the sake of argument, if you end up not being able to go to WDW, will it feel better to have that cruise so close to the same time?

2 Likes

That’s the main thing. The Newcastle cruise ends at 7.30am on my first day back at work, which starts at 4pm that same day. That’s not ideal. I was not super happy about that timing. But when I was treating it as a WDW back-up trip, that was all there was.

But once I’d booked it, I suddenly got really excited about going. And couldn’t imagine cancelling. At which point I thought, well, why not go earlier. The July timing is so much better for all sorts of reasons.

I’m pretty committed to Liverpool. It’s really just the fear that the crew won’t have settled in to an effective routine by then. But someone on Facebook said they’re actually already training right now.

Of course, I do have to ask myself how I’m going to pay for this . . . Anyone need a kidney? I have two.

3 Likes

I read that some crew are flying into the U.K. this week. But they’ll have to quarantine first, of course.

Still not sure how they’re going to get all their crew from other countries over and vaccinated though. But that’s Disney’s problem.

Don’t give me more things to worry about. One of my IRL friends has totally killed my buzz by questioning how Disney is going to confirm people’s vaccination status and how they’re going to effectively carry out the tests.

That’s been confirmed for you at least.

The NHS app has your vaccination status and that’s what Disney has said they’ll accept (only applies to England though).

The tests are the lateral flow tests that are used by high school kids, teachers, health care staff etc. Results in 30 minutes.

Well, allegedly will have.

Someone here said they could see theirs. @missoverexcited perhaps?

I’ve had a look and can’t see anything on mine.

I imagine they will be really careful… are they the first cruise to happen or are there others? But I would also watch to see how it unfolds… see what’s being reported.

There have been a lot of the crew members posting on the Ear for Each Other Facebook page that they have received their call backs and are flying out.

3 Likes

No I said I couldn’t see it, then you pointed out I have the wrong app :joy: I haven’t downloaded the right one yet.

1 Like