Shoes: How many are too many? Or are there never too many shoes?

My order was placed this afternoon for Minnie Mouse Natives. Another shoe option for our October trip.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am SO TEMPTED to get a pair of these…

I was on the fence if I should get Minnie or Mickey but the Shop Disney site didn’t have Mickey in my size. Apparently, the universe decided for me!

2 Likes

Thanks! Those are the ones I had my eyes on.

1 Like

Those are on my list too. Now I’m thinking I better get them sooner rather than later.

1 Like

1 pair of Birkenstock’s
1 pair of Keens
1 pair of flip flops for bumming around
1 pair of Saltwater Sandals if we are doing a nicer meal

For our weekend trip in May I only took my Birks & my feet were toast after 27k steps a day multiple days in a row.

2 Likes

4 pairs:

• Sneakers
  • Backup in case sneakers get wet
  • Flip flops for the pool
  • Dressier shoe for a nice meal

Unfortunately my feet have decided that I’m actually 80, so everything except the flip flops needs to be orthotic-friendly. :confused:

1 Like

Vionic make ortho friendly flip flops

Thanks for the tip! It’s always good to know of new brands that have good arch support. By orthotic-friendly, though, I mean that I can put my prescription orthotic insole into it. Not really possible in a flip flop by their very nature :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I wear Tevas in the hot months and running shoes (adidas cloudfoam) in the cooler months and I bring a comfortable pair of dressy sandals if I have to dress up. So 2-3 tops. But I’m a minimalist packer. I don’t like to check a bag, ever.

Opinions please. I’m Leaving Sunday. Looks like it’s raining almost every afternoon. I’m only packing a backpack for a 7 night trip. Personal item size. Should I just wear my Tevas the whole trip or should I wear my sneakers and pack the tevas to switch up?

1 Like

Definitely have a second pair of footwear - especially with all the rain chances. As much as I like my Teva sandals (wear them daily, year 'round), they’re no fun when rainy wet! Even I need a chance for my feet to dry out.

3 Likes

Agree with @mkmuzzy to have 2 pair. I think wearing the sneakers and packing the tevas is perfect.

3 Likes

You know, when I was a kid most adults had a pair of over shoes for rain. (I had puddle stompers. :smile:)

Seems like a handy thing. I agree - wear the shoes, pack the sandals. Options are good…

2 Likes

I try to keep a minimal wardrobe at home and I’m a light packer as well. My shoes are all neutral in color, so they pretty much go with everything. I only bring 3 pairs at the most, the pair I’m wearing and 2 packed in the suitcase, and that’s only if there’s a big difference in weather between where I’m coming from and where I’m going. I’m traveling to WDW in October. I will be bringing a pair of athletic shoes for the parks, a pair of sandals for the rest of the time, and maybe a different shoe for travel days (if I don’t just wear the athletic shoes).

1 Like

I swear sometimes this forum reads my mind and spits out an old thread to match it. I was just discussing with DW this morning about buying another pair of shoes for the parks.

I currently only have a decent pair of trail runners and another pair relegated to lawn duty. I have a pair of very comfy slip ons, but I don’t think they’ll support 18-20k steps a day. A second pair of trail runners I needed to alternate shoes everyday - cuts down on odor and extends shoe life. Plus if it rains one day, I’ve got a backup. I can’t stand flip flops, but I’ll bring a pair for the pool and around the resort.

We bring these silicone shoe covers and they have come in hand a couple times

3 Likes

Agree to definitely have two pairs of shoes— I was so glad I did after we got drenched one year.

1 Like

Interesting because my tevas dry pretty fast and I’ve worn them in water so when I think of a rainy day shoe I think of that. Nothing worse than wet sneakers and socks.

Thanks everyone. I will cram those sandals in the bag and wear the sneakers. :relaxed: Good call to have options.

6 Likes

I’m bringing 1 or 2 pairs of Brooks sneakers, a pair of EVA Birks, a pair of Keen sandals, and a pair of nicer looking flip flops. We have no signature meals planned, but if we did I’d wear a maxi dress with either the flip flops or the Birks but you wouldn’t really be able to see them.

1 Like