Shoes: How many are too many? Or are there never too many shoes?

Whereas I bring two pairs - one pair Reeboks, one pair Atoms - in case one gets soaked. Three when something fancy is planned (like Victoria and Albert’s) and dress shoes are needed. Extra socks are higher on the priority list.

1 Like

I took a pair of Sanuks last time we went. They were really comfortable, but I found I tripped in them a lot when I got tired. That could just be because I’m a little bit clumsy!

One pair of sneakers for the park and one pair of flip flops. If we’re going somewhere nicer I’ll throw in a nice pair of sandals too. But the sneakers I have are quicker drying water shoes so i haven’t had an issue with them not being dry for the park the next day. The one year I strayed from these we had an absolute monsoon of a MVMCP (like the kind where they just hand you a voucher for another party or park day as you walk out it was so wet!) and I had to use a hair dryer for so long on them to get them to finally be close to dry!

I did trip in them once at MK when walking across the trolley tracks but I am clumsy too!

1 Like

I’m a light shoe packer - I wear one pair of flip flops because TSA, then pack another (1 white, 1 dark blue so I have options with outfits), and 1 pair of mickey sneakers. I usually buy a fresh pair of mickey sneakers when I’m there.

1 Like

My socks don’t always match my outfit. My clothes can’t really be called outfits.

4 Likes

My suitcase was too full leaving home because I was spending time before and after WDW with my DGDs, so I wore one pair of Brooks running shoes, packed one pair. Then I brought a beat up pair of sandals to wear to the pool. I throw those away the last day to make more room in my suitcase for whatever I bought.

1 Like

I am enjoying this thread! I pride myself on being a light packer and still needed up with 4 pairs of shoes - good tennis/running shoes, casual sneakers (Sperrys), sandals for dressing up that are ok for walking, and flip flops.

I recently bought a pair of Teva sandals (but not a sport sandal) that I loooove and would absolutely turn them into a park shoe and forgo flip flop.

3 Likes

ok I’ve read reviews on them but not from someone I know :wink: Are they really that good?

I usually just have my sandals, though a make kids pack sneakers in case their feet need a break. I’m a rare one who does just fine in WalMart sandals.

ETA - I lied. I have Clark’s sandals right now. Not sure where or when I got them.

3 Likes

Teva Women’s W Voya Strappy Flip-Flop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DR63MY2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_K7G3J2JT2QCT128QMM4K

If they are these ones then yes. Yes they are amazing.

I’m actually tempted to buy a second pair to save. I never do that.

1 Like

My Sperrys were clearance at Marshall’s! So I am going to guess TJMaxx. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I swear by Vionic or Orthoheel. I can immediately feel the difference when I slip my vionic flip flops on.

2 Likes

I have Teva Verra sandals. I had to buy my second pair this summer because I’d really worn out the soles on my first pair. I got the first pair before my July '16 trip to WDW, for the express purpose of having something good for pounding pavement (I’m a rope drop to closing kind of person, walk with purpose). I’ve done 6 WDW trips in them. They are my everyday go-to sandals. I have high arches and narrow feet, so the various adjustable straps keep them snug and they have great arch support. Good cushioning soles (without being too thick or too soft) for lots of walking on hard surfaces.

2 Likes

I usually bring 2 pairs of sneakers (for when one gets wet), one type of shoe for the pool and if I could wear something other than sneakers (which I can’t, but that’s another story) I would bring a dressier flip flop type for dinners outside the park. Last trip my niece only brought one pair of sneakers which got soaked on our first night. I ended up buying a second, stupidly expensive pair in Disney Springs, on Day 3 because her feel were hurting in wet shoes. And my nephew brought 2 pairs, but refused to wear the second pair in rain - and it rained every single day. (on a side note, I wish my brother and sister-in-law would have taken my packing list for my niece - it would have prevented this!!!)

3 pairs.

Crocs
Flops
sneaks

2 Likes

I’m another one that mostly only does carry-ons. I wear my sneakers and I pack flip flops.

I used to pack more, but mom-life forced me to share my carry-on with an assortment of stuffed Fab 5 (not the ultra cool and adorable Liners coming out of Topolino’s…the OTHER Fab 5) cuties.

The few times we had wet sneakers, I’d stop for a newspaper in one of the hotel shops and stuff them in our shoes overnight. If by the morning they were still a little damp, I’d toss them in the dryer for 5 minutes.

Another tip, for those whose dogs are barkin’ after all that walking, I freeze a water bottle (after emptying a smidge and keep it in a zip lock bag when not in use), and I roll it under my feet for a few minutes. Works miracles so I can keep up the 20k+ step count the next day. I would assume it would also work to cool down over heated folks during the summer.

3 Likes

Which allbirds do you have @hmbhmbhmb? I really want to buy some for my upcoming trip!

I must pack really light. I wear 1 pair of shoes and pack one. Normally a pair of Birkenstock sandals and a pair of running shoes. I wear the sandals in the park most days if it is warm but running shoes if it is cold.

On a longer trip I may pack an extra pair of shoes-dressy sandals if needing to dress up or an extra pair of casual tennis shoes if it is winter and too cold for my birks to be comfortable but not both. I am not sure I have ever brought more than 3 pairs of shoes for any trip I have taken but I rotate through the same 3-4 pair at home also.

1 Like

I have the “tree runners” — they were super comfy and not too hot on some very long park days! I haven’t tried machine washing them yet but when I do I’ll report back…

1 Like