Shoes: How many are too many? Or are there never too many shoes?

We are leaving on Tuesday for a 7 day trip to Disney World. I’m packing now, and I think I might be bringing too many shoes, but it’s hard for me to cut the number down. How many pairs of shoes do you bring?

3 Likes

Keeping an eye on this thread – have to pack in September, planning to bring two pairs Nikes, one pair teacup Keds for fancy dining plans (Jaleo), one pair gold slippers for really fancy dining plans (CG), a pair of flip-flops for the pool, a pair of Crocs sandals (because sandals), and I’m pondering bringing a pair of honest-to-goodness water shoes in case it rains while I’m in Epcot. (Because September.)

1 Like

There can be too many… well when traveling. I bring two park shoes to change out incase one gets wet and then I bring flip flops for in the room and at the pool. Bring extra socks… there’s never too many of those :wink:

4 Likes

good point about one fancy shoe/sandal

I bring flip flops which I tour in most of the time, Disney vans in case I feel like wearing them, and nice sandals if we’re doing a signature restaurant. Oh and water shoes for the water park.

2 Likes

I tour in flip flops too! The Clarks ones.

1 Like

Mine are $10 ones I first bought actually at the beach in Wales because I liked the pattern and now order off Amazon.

1 Like

I bring two pairs of park shoes (which are somewhat water proof or resistant - like keen sandals) that I switch off each day. And I bring a pair of flip flops for the pool and also I use them for my fancy dinners - I just be sure I have a good pedicure!

6 Likes

I have cranky feet and no sense of clothing style.

Thus clothing fits in a backpack while shoes practically require a large checked bag.

Sept 2019 trip: 3 pairs of sandals - one Arizona birk original, 2 pairs of Birk waterproof Arizona look alikes (forget name)
1 pair of slip on Skechers
1 pair of lace up Skechers
1 pair of Muck gardening shoes (tropical storm touring)
Didn’t wear the Mucks as the parks closed for Dorian’s breeze by

4 Likes

The pedicure is checked off the list! I like to switch off each day too.

1 Like

My shoes and hair equipment/supplies basically take up a checked bag!

2 Likes

My niece as well. She’s very much a vintage dresser, loves accessories and is always chilly. I bring clothes, she brings outfits.

I thought I had a photo but apparently it’s on fb.

This is my strategy too. We make sure everyone has two pairs of sneakers in case one gets wet with rain.

I had three: two different pair of running shoes (which are now toast and need replaced but were just about ready anyway) and my flip flops.

We purchased Natives while there out of necessity.

I don’t get bogged down with the whole “shoes gotta match my outfit” thing. I’m very low maintenance.

7 Likes

I always bring three pairs of park shoes—right now it’s a pair of allbirds, my super comfy adidas sneakers with “cloudfoam” insoles, and one other not-quite-as-comfy-but-cute sneaker, which I can wear in the park but also to a nicer dinner. Then I always have my water shoes in my park bag, for if it rains. And I bring flip flops for the pool.

Thanks to the pandemic and online shopping I have several super cute outfits to wear on my upcoming trip but refuse to wear anything but sneakers. Gotta be comfy. If necessary, I’ll just edit my feet out of pictures. :joy:

3 Likes

I only bring a carry on, so I wear my water shoes, which basically are my park shoes, and have some kind of pool shoes, which can in a pinch be back up park shoes.

unless its runDisney, in which case I also bring at least 2 pairs of running shoes.

2 Likes

I am planning on bringing 2 pairs of sandals and one pair of tennis shoes when we go in August. They won’t match every outfit I plan on wearing, but comfort of my feet is so much more important to me!

1 Like

I have multiple pairs of Croc sandals that I switch out wearing to the parks, and a pair of good sneakers. If traveling in the cooler months I might add a second pair if sneakers.

The Croc sandals are nice enough to wear for a dinner.

Bonus is that the sandals are light and pack well. I try and travel in my sneakers to leave more space in my suitcase!

2 Likes

This past trip, I brought three pairs- Toms, Tevas, and Sanuks. I like to rotate my shoes daily for optimal foot comfort. I find that if I wear the same pair two days in a row, my feet hurt the following day.

4 Likes