September and October 2019 Park Hours

Does anyone know how this will affect Early Morning Magic?
I notice for example EMM (paid ticket event) is available on 24th Sept 7.45-10 am in Fantasyland yet MK is open from 7am for extra magic hours (free to onsite guests) access to Fantasyland???

All September EMMs were cancelled due to the EEMH.

2 Likes

Same here! At least this part is fun for me but Iā€™m feeling a bit crazy with having to redo it so many times so I might not touch it again for a bit.

Does anyone think HS will be open later than 10 after Galaxyā€™s Edge opens? Maybe just on weekends?

This. I think they expect huge crowds, otherwise HS would have just had 1 hour EMH every morning like they did with Pandora, and MK and AK would have kept normal hours. These EMH are to help offset the huge numbers of people coming.

2 Likes

I think it is very likely HS will be closed to capacity many days, maybe not at 5am but probably by 10 or so. There is no way I would go to WDW with the intent to see GE in September or October without staying onsite. Off siteā€¦their chances of seeing GE just went down significantly.

1 Like

are people really gonna be going in at 6am and staying until 10pm? I know I couldnā€™t do that. If it hits capacity about 10am or so, I doubt it will stay like that into the afternoon/night as people will be shattered and leave.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking!

Maybe? Star Wars fans are crazy! :wink: Adults traveling without small children will see no reason to leave. Last December we (adults only) started the day with HS EMM (there before 7am) and ended the day at 1am at MK (DAH from 10-1a). No breaks. So yes, I believe it will stay full for people who only have 1 day to experience HS on their trip.

1 Like

Can someone help me understand why the predicted crowd levels have decreased then (at least for my travel dates of 10/23-11/2)? Iā€™m a little befuddled on this part.

1 Like

For fun, I ran some numbers on a sheet of paper.

30K Resort rooms onsite,
Avg of 3 people per room = 90K onsite guests
Letā€™s say half of them want to see Galaxyā€™s Edge = 45 K
And they all stay 5 nights ā€¦
And visit GE for one day of their trip ā€¦45 / 5 = 9K onsite guests / day

And now add in some offsite visitors
Ummm, higher, lower ???
Was it 1/3 of visitors stay onsite, so twice as many GE guests trying to visit each day = 18K

So 27K people per day trying to visit.

Capacity of DHS is around 15K IIRC, and I think that was whilst Backlot and LMA were still around, so reasonable to assume it hasnā€™t changed much even with GE open.

Now I think to ride the Millenium Falcon could take 2hrs once EMH is over. (Thatā€™s just the ride queue, not including getting into the land which will increase as the day goes on). Add in the build-a-droid and build-a-light-sabre, each takes 20-30 minutes once you get in. Say an hour each, = 4 hrs. Plus the shops, Cantina, blue/green milk and looking around the land. Including a massive Millenium Falcon outside the ride, and theming to die for. 6 hours if people really want to see and do everything.

So anyone getting into the land at 9am might not be leaving until 3pm.

It will be insane all day long. :scream:

3 Likes

I believe I heard capacity was closer to 60-70k

Capacity of HS? Nowhere near. 15k is about right. Itā€™s a small park, even with GE.

1 Like

Cussword cussword cussword. Weā€™re staying off site, have no interest in Star Wars, and itā€™s too late to change our plans. This will probably be my kidsā€™ only childhood visit to Disney, and now we canā€™t rope drop any of the headliners they were so excited about.

I still havenā€™t quite forgiven them for having both Space Mountain and Splash Mountain closed during my only childhood visit. Now Iā€™m kicking myself for even trying.

Some people might want to go on the ride twice, that could take all day!

That may be optimistic. What were the wait times for FoP the first month. I would think thatā€™s the starting point. Wasnā€™t it 3-4 hours?

1 Like

Whilst thereā€™s only one ride open, it would be very easy to prevent that. And I suspect they will.

Once both rides are open, it becomes harder but still possible. They could have a system like wristbands, or everyone scans in on entry to the land and is given one ā€œpassā€ per ride.

Well I was making an assumption that most of the EMH crowd could be in the land by thenā€¦

Hmmm, I think that could be optimistic, given I said it could be 6 hours to do everything. Although obviously the first people in could walk onto the ride.

Oh, itā€™s too hard to predict it. :joy:

2 Likes

They are pretty much saying to offsite guests ā€œdonā€™t botherā€. Iā€™m not reading this as a ā€œcrap, we need to extend hours because thereā€™s SO many people coming, we wonā€™t get through the days unless we open at 7amā€. Iā€™m still interpreting this as the opposite. ā€œCrap- Hotel capacity is not where we wanted it to beā€ - letā€™s give a MASSIVE benefit to hotel guests and give people who stay offsite no chance.

Personally, I arrive 31 October and leave 7th November. We are usually early risers, but Iā€™m concerned. Just wished it went for an extra couple of days. Iā€™m worried about the onslaught come 3rd November; once APs and offsite guests have a chance again. Weā€™re already set for 1st November rope dropping the magic kingdom; a 7am MK RD is the best way to spend day 3 of married life right? I might have a shorter marriage than Britney! :joy:

Crazy!! Sounds like something I would do.

3 Likes