September and October 2019 Park Hours

Opening hours for September (into October) have been posted with HS opening for EMH at 6 and AK and MK at 7 or 8. What does that say about projected crowds? Thoughts?

1 Like

I posted about the EMH earlier as our trip is in September. Worried that it is going to mess our rope drop plans for toy story land as I can not get my three little grandbabies to the park by 6. Holding my breath for new crowd level predictions now also.

1 Like

Here is an overview

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/3-hour-daily-extra-extra-magic-hours-coming-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge-at-walt-disney-world/

1 Like

It says don’t plan to sleep late!

6 Likes

Do you think it means they will allow the line to form at 3am?

This is insane but as a person who gets up daily at 345AM, this could work for us quite well.

I was really happy to see this.

Also glad I’d secured our onsite reservations already.

4 Likes

I don’t know whether to be panicked that they expect the crowds to be so horrendous that they have to open this early, or whether we should view this as an advantage because the earlier the opening the less likely people are to make rope drop.

5 Likes

I think the fact that they are opening AK and MK that early (do both open that early Christmas week?) tells me more than the HS hours.

6 Likes

Totally agree - that’s alarming by itself. I’m hoping those Star Wars nuts will only get up that early for GE. :wink:

2 Likes

I wish I didn’t think it was so that they can detour the traffic when HS is closed due to capacity at 5am.

6 Likes

We may have the worst of both worlds–our trip starts the afternoon of 11/2, so we miss out on all the extended hours but may still have huge crowds. I’m nervous! But I do find it interesting that they didn’t at least carry it through that whole weekend, since it’s the marathon, the start of Jersey week, and still F&W.

1 Like

They may extend hours into November. I expect party season at MK May force them to consider it.

4 Likes

I see this as a possibility. Offering folks staying onsite an alternative if SW is at capacity. Which it will be.

1 Like

This is the Disney Parks article:

1 Like

And since it lists new EMH for MK and AK as from 7-8AM, that must mean the standard opening will be 8AM for those parks during that time, as well.

I’m also wondering with this if places will open earlier for breakfast or do I need to plan stuff in the room. I wasn’t going to bring food or do that but I may have to either order to be delivered or we will grab stuff in the food court in the evening to have for the morning.

I feel like someone got a challenge to fill every single hotel room in the fall. I feel terribly for off-site people with EMH at 3/4 of the parks every single day.

I need to absorb this info a little bit more before i can decide how i feel about this for our trip!

3 Likes

well…since this this smack dab in the middle of our trip…im thinking positive… maybe go way early then leave mid morning for a break and come back after lunch, definitely need to rethink early and late days

4 Likes

I think people will be there from 3am. There’s really no way to stop a line forming, unless they have security there to stop people getting into to the parking lot.

But that just means a line of cars just outside plus crowds of people on the walking path and any other areas on the perimeter of the “secured” area. And one almighty crush when they let people in. It would be safer to just let people line up outside the park.

1 Like

It will be awful for offsite guests. And now makes sense why they were trying to close the loophole for throwaway rooms.

3 Likes

The 3 hour EMH might also be to hopefully separate on-site from off-site arrivals. Hopefully off-site people who can’t get in until 9AM won’t be showing up before 6AM, so they won’t have to waste as much time sending people away at the tapstiles who can’t come in until 9.