September and October 2019 Park Hours

This is super interesting to me. I also feel really bad for all the local APs who are getting the short end of the stick here. I’m assuming that the bloggers all planned ahead knowing a hotel stay would give them some sort of advantage and were already planning on that extra expense.

2 Likes

My family would absolutely do this for any park. I am all about maxing return on my investment. We are in early rising group to begin with and we mobilize quickly. I could easily be at a park at 5 AM and stay until midnight. With that said, we would go to a park every other day. With rest days in between

1 Like

I am sorry. I understand that disappointment when you have a trip you can’t rearrange.

1 Like

I absolutely understand there are people who will, but there are also lots of people who won’t/can’t.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m calmer now. But for a company that rewards people for planning 6 months or more in advance, you’d think they’d give a thought to whether they’re delivering what people thought they were buying all those months ago. This is especially awful news after spending upwards of three hours just trying to get our tickets linked to MDE. It’s like the more I know, the more I need to lower my expectations. On the bright side, I’m not going at the very beginning of this craziness, so hopefully people will share their experience and I can adjust our plans accordingly.

3 Likes

They are opening Galaxy’s Edge at 6am the first 3 days at 6am for everyone. That will more than appease the vlogger crowd.

Disney did say that they would manage this at DHS by extra magic hours for resort guests, when they announced the opening date.

So that clue was already there for people to book a resort room.

I think this is a better way to manage it for onsite resort guests here, rather than the reservation system. They couldn’t allocate a time to all onsite guests (over 30K rooms), plus they don’t want to limit the time you can spend in Galaxy’s Edge.

For offsite visitors, they definitely want them to book at least a night or two onsite to get that benefit.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s actual WDW resort hotels only, or if DS partner hotels are included. Does anyone know?

The Disney article says “and selected other hotels”, so looks like all the DS hotels (that have the perks) are included.

1 Like

I’m wondering if there will be shuttle buses or transportation for disney resort guests to actually get to the HS before 6am and AK / MK before 7am? Also what about breakfast at the resorts - will this be available for disney resort guests before 6am / 7am?

1 Like

Yes there will be transportation. I don’t know about breakfast.

I feel badly for all the people with PPO breakfasts… who will now have reservations for prime touring time. I wonder if there will be cancellations.

1 Like

Lots of people are saying they are cancelling.

do you think they will extend this into november or do anything special past the 2nd? Our trip starts the 2nd

I wouldn’t be surprised to see EMH every day or most days, but probably not starting at 6am.

2 Likes

Already changed my PPO at The Plaza to a mid morning break time.

3 Likes

I suspect they will continue with the EMH although maybe not at 6am every day. In fact, maybe not EMH every day to give offsite guests a chance.

But the 3rd November is a marathon day, or some running event, so I think that may be why they’ve initially run it until the 2nd.

2 Likes

hopefully it picks up in some fashion on the 3rd. it would help to know for planning ADRs tomorrow :wink:

I am going to be there late-Sept/early October and I got a notice from Tour Plans that the crowd level for all of the days I am there dropped, some days as low as 1 or 2, and HS dropped from 4 to 3 some days. So my take-away is that by opening at 6am, the crowds would be dispersed out a little? Just trying to be optimistic.

I think those emails were mistakes.