September 2015 Roll Call

We are headed out Sept 6-12 staying at Art of Animation. Celebrating our adoption of 3 kids. Family from NJ and VA are going to stay at same resort. I’m just excited to see how my three toddlers, 4, 3, & 2, react to seeing MK for the 1st time. Hope to get reservations at Ohana’s and at least one character breakfast. Wondering which one you all recommend. Other than that, just want to spend time with the family.

1 Like

Taking advantage of a bounce back offer (free dining) from last year!! We will be there Sept 19th through 26. We stayed at AKL-KV last year…It was amazing! This year we will be at POR. I’m a little nervous because we stayed Deluxe first. Hoping it’s not a let down. At any rate, it’s Disney (which is always better than not being at Disney) !! :slight_smile: Looking forward to having a more laid back trip (not feeling the pressure of having to do every thing in every park) - hitting our favorite rides, trying some different restaurants than last time (maybe at some of the other resorts), visiting DTD and spending more time at the pool.

2 Likes

I’ve only stayed at POR and it felt like a deluxe to me, it was so nice there!

Thanks, Maly!! I’ve heard really good things about POR.

1 Like

We stayed at POR last time and loved it! We will be doing ALK this time, glad to hear you enjoyed it. We weren’t at the hotel much the last time and POR had everything we needed.

Hi Everybody! My fiancé and I will be going 9/12-9/20, staying at POFQ. I’ve been to Disney too many times to count, but he’s never been, so it’s going to be fun introducing him to the parks and fun seeing all the changes since I was there in 2011. We’re taking two days at Universal - one for Harry Potter and one for everything else. Planning on getting tix to MNSSHP, probably on the Tuesday nite. Can’t wait! This is my first time doing all the planning - other times I was with a larger family group. Planning to get up early on Monday so I can get my ADRs. :smile:

3 Likes

We are going Sept 11-15 and staying at Art of A. Our daughters first time. She will be 7.
Crowd levels say 1-3.
Not sure what to expect as people say Disney is so much more crowded now.
But when we were there back on 2006, in Sept. , History tracker says it was a 3 CL, and we thought it felt empty sort of at a 3.
Hope its like that again! :slight_smile:
Was anyone there last yr too at this time??

3 Likes

Looks like we’ll be neighbors! Dates are 9/27-10/02 at POP!

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m keeping a running list of Liners who will be at Pop or AoA during that week, I’ll probably be proposing a meet at Pop at some point. Will you be wearing a Liner button?

1 Like

I’m so new to this forum/group/website that I don’t even know what it is or how to get one! But, once I figure that all out, you betcha! And DH can make fun of me all he wants :wink:

Haha! On the main touringplans.com site, there is a link to “shop” or “merchandise”, something like that. You’ll find the buttons there. Normally I’d give you a direct link, but my tablet is being dumb. :-1:

1 Like

I love seeing all of the September Liner trips! We will be at the Beach Club from Sept. 10-16. Our flights are already booked but I keep thinking that I need to add another day. :laughing: Southwest’s no change fee is making it very tempting!

3 Likes

New to liners, but we are finally going back to the world. Staying at POR for the first time. Sept. 26 - Oct 3rd. So excited!

5 Likes

I’m down!!!

1 Like

w00t!

We stayed at POFQ last time and loved it! There is a fun bar at riverside too that had some live music (we didn’t get to enjoy that bc of my daughter but seemed like a good time).

1 Like

thanks beth15016 :slight_smile: Glad to get a personal recommendation from someone who’s been there. I’ve stayed at the Beach Club before a couple times with family, but honestly the moderate resorts look like they are much more my speed. So far I’ve planned LOTS of in park time, but if we have some free moments, we may pop over to POR and take a look.

1 Like

Managed to get 4 out of 5 of the ADRs I was hoping for. YAY! Only one we didn’t get was T-REX on arrival night. I’ll keep checking in case something opens up. Once we saw the pictures of the giant octopus hanging over the bar, we knew it was someplace we wanted to experience.

Once we get our tickets for MNSSHP, I will probably be canceling a couple extra ADRs. Is there a way to let folks on the forum know, so they can snap them up?

1 Like

It’s a great choice for when you are at the parks most of the time. We barely saw it last time lol but it did have everything we wanted (transportation, pool with a kiddie slide, food court, nice rooms). You will love it and I think it’s a great value.

We are going the 12-19th! I actually am debating the extra day or not…there is so much to do but I think coming back on a Sunday would be rough on the kids.