September 2015 Roll Call

21-22 at pop also!

1 Like

We will be at WDW from the 4th to the 13th staying at POR and then to Universal HRH from the 13th to the 19th. I have booked a side trip out to Kennedy Space Center for the 16th

1 Like

9/6-9/13! Wilderness Lodge!

1 Like

9/4 through 9/13, at the Yacht Club. Crossing my fingers for some of those low Labor day crowds that everyone was talking about last year!

1 Like

We are almost set to book for Sept 12-19 at AKL! Excited to bring my 3 yo for the 1st time and my 8 yo for a second time.

1 Like

Beautiful resort. One of my faves! The boat to MK is a real treat. Hope you enjoy!

I’m jealous. AKL is completely stunning. I hope you guys have a blast. I’m sure experiencing it with your 3 year old will be a wonderful experience!

Oh that’s great to hear!! We have been going back and forth on resorts and if that’s the right choice for us. Last time four years ago we stayed at POFQ and had a great time, but wanted to try AKL or WL this time. I think AKL will be a hit with the kids. Do you know if transportation was similar to other resorts? Any tips on things to not miss while we’re there?

1 Like

I’ve not actually stayed there, only visited for meals, but it is my dream resort!

The transportation there is not always the best. The resort is tucked away from pretty much everything except Animal Kingdom. Last time I was there, I took a bus from the resort to Magic Kingdom. It was about 30 minutes, factoring in the ~5 minute wait for a bus.

As for not-to-be-missed stuff at the resort, take advantage of everything offered! In the past, there has been a “culinary tour” of the restaurants at the resort. If that’s still a thing, it’s free and includes samples. Yay samples! The resort also offers animal viewing at night with night vision binoculars. Those are pretty cool. Take time to talk to the CMs, too. Many are from African countries, and they always seem open and excited to talk about where they’re from. I believe they do cultural presentations a couple of times a week, too.

@theredhead have to been to PoP before? First time for us…first time in property with my family… Praying for free dining. Lol

1 Like

Many times. It’s my family’s go-to resort. This is my first solo trip, so I wanted to stay somewhere I knew I would be comfortable walking around alone at night. Pop has an alright food court, though Art of Animation’s is superior and within walking distance. Bus transportation at Pop is fantastic, no sharing. Pools are alright, I guess. I’m not much for swimming, so I’m a lousy judge. Make sure to do the Hustle in the lobby with the CMs at some point!

1 Like

@theredhead maybe we will run into each other while there! I’m thinking of getting a liner button

1 Like

We are going 9/6 - 9/13. Staying at POP and trying the Water and More this time, so we’re pretty excited to go to the water parks for the first time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!! I am excited. I think the transportation will be fine, for a 5-10 minute difference on a bus (we really appreciate not driving ourselves!!) I’m not worried.

Yes I want to do the free culinary tour, sounds amazing. Oh I can’t wait!!

1 Like

My husband and I are going August 30th-September 5th unless we need to shift our dates a little to get the free dinning(we can afford to go without it but it would be nice to have the extra money). We are staying at POP. This is both our third time going to Disney World but the first time together and the first time we are planning a trip anywhere ourselves and not going with parents/school.

2 Likes

Flights are booked, I have an official countdown of 194!!

5 Likes

We have a trip booked for 9/5 to 9/21 at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. I have a job interview this Friday for a job I would really love. If I get the job, I may have to cancel the trip. Needless to say, I am feeling torn!

2 Likes

Good luck with the job! Even if you have to cancel this trip, all that means is you’ll have to book another. :wink:

Good luck with the job! At least it can help fund future trips :smiley:

Thank you @therehead and @mALYficent! I am already thinking of moving the reservation rather than canceling it if I get the job :slight_smile:

2 Likes