Saturday, April 10

Any strong suggestions as to a replacement?

1 Like

Aack! Our entire June trip is built around the premise of no fireworks! 10 days of “RD, yummy snacks, late lunch, then hang at the hotel the rest of the day, dinner ADRs, nothing-to-see-at-the-parks-in-the-evening”!

I don’t know if my FOMO could ignore them returning…

4 Likes

You could do just one fireworks show :wink:

I only want them back for my birthday because then they will happen on 7/4 and I will have all the joy.

4 Likes

So to clarify, in light of my post earlier, there are TWO events.

TAs at noon EDT

Media at 4:30pm EDT

Which surely means there is info that TAs need to be aware of. Not just the “look, fireworks” fluff that the media will get.

And noon isn’t that far away now, just a couple of hours or so, right?

10 Likes

Lots of speculation. But nothing specific from people that would know. Sorry, you’ll just have to wait. :pensive:

3 Likes

They are replacing FPP with SBP…Stand By Plus. Just like Stand By, only better! Because they say so.

:wink:

10 Likes

I’m a Liner. I don’t wait.

13 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

6 Likes

For what some people spend on APs and DVC, I think Club 33 and the Doubletree is probably a better overall experience.

3 Likes

I’m getting vaccinated today at noon, so ONLY great things are happening!

17 Likes

Is it possible the TAs session will review upcoming reservation type changes such as dining plans returning and park passes? I could also see them letting them know about possible upcoming summer/fall discounts (perhaps free dining to go with the above?).

5 Likes

i think free dining is gone forever

why do you think this? It’s an easy money maker and many ppl like it.

2 Likes

Discounts are only necessary when bookings are down and they are struggling to fill resorts. I don’t see a ton of discounts coming out any time in the next year. Maybe something small so they can say they offered something, but nothing major. No firm knowledge, just speculation.

2 Likes

That late time for the announcement, 4:30 pm EDT, puts it after the closing of the stock market. Interesting that they chose to put it after the close of the market. That’s often saved for announcements they expect to have immediate effect on stock prices.

2 Likes

Not unusual at all, actually.

Noooooooo! I love MaxPass!

3 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Not unusual, but still interesting because it might indicate something that could have a negative effect on stock prices.

5 Likes

Absolutely fair point.

2 Likes