Saturday, April 10

Typically you hold a press event on a Tuesday-Thursday for good news and send out a written statement at 4:30 on a Friday for bad news. But it certainly is possible.

6 Likes

They are having trouble filling the resorts, especially the deluxe resorts – Which is why several don’t even have re-opening dates.
I saw them dumping rooms at the Grand Floridian on hotwire at 45% off the rack rate.
And they always offer significant summer discounts as summer has become a slower season…

Yes, summer discounts are coming and will likely be announced to travel agents today.

3 Likes

Why does everyone think FPPs are gone forever? How does that benefit WDW?

2 Likes

In the short term yes.

But trust me that starting late summer and onward? They are not having trouble.

3 Likes

If it’s gone then they can change to a pay to play model like Universal or the MaxPass of DL. $$ benefits them :wink:

1 – They didn’t work out as Disney thought they would. Which is why the system hasn’t been implemented in other parks
2 – They ultimately are leaving lots of money on the table, as there are better ways to monetize a line skipping system.

1 Like

Because people who know people have heard that FP+ is gone forever.

It’s Disney, until they make an official announcement, it’s all subject to change.

2 Likes

It always seemed odd to me that they brought out FPP for free after everyone else implemented a successful paid line skipping program.

1 Like

I always thought it was a selling point for them - we don’t charge you to get shorter waits.

3 Likes

I think that was intentional at the time. Making it free was supposed to be a draw and advantage to the paid versions others did. Although, Disney basically invented the idea with the original FP…which was also free.

2 Likes

And it gets people out of lines for more shopping.

3 Likes

I don’t buy that as a legit reason. (No pun intended.).

Indeed! Can’t spend money in lines.

3 Likes

I don’t think they want the resorts filled. How would that work with 35% capacity, even at 50% capacity?

We’ve seen over the last few weeks that park reservations for resort guests have been full and that those for AP holders were still available. If resorts were filled there wouldn’t be enough park reservations available for all the guests. That wouldn’t go down well.

Now if capacity is ramped up fairly quickly, then we’ll see more resorts open up quicker than planned.

5 Likes
  1. Info from several people who are, or have, inside sources.

2. Money $$$ Time to monetise the benefit, and sell “bundles” of FPs (or whatever you want to call them). Maybe.

We’ll see. Maybe today or later.

3 Likes

And it’s the deluxes, if anything, that they are not filling. The values and mods are packed up.

1 Like

After much data analysis, I can only come up with one outcome for any upcoming announcement.

conspiracy

Goofy is going to tell Max he is adopted.
max

13 Likes

:exploding_head:

1 Like

I really hope it’s not a paid or tiered system.

I’m trying to think of how to be ready to handle the news, whatever it is. My trip is in 66 days. Right now I have a split stay, maybe the news, whatever it is, will make me want to change that. Maybe I’ll need to re-think some of my Park Passes. Maybe they’ll just announce that they’re increasing capacity and reducing social distancing. It’s annoying because people are just starting to get used to how things are now with capacity pretty much filled and the requirements and rules that are in place now. I have my trip pretty much planned out with those things in mind.

3 Likes

50% capacity is actually pretty close to completely normal summer operations.

And even at only 35% capacity, that would still be plenty of capacity for all resorts – you’d just need to give preference to onsite guests over off-site guests.

But again, if capacity goes from 35% -> 50%… that would be the level for normal summer operations, where daily attendance is traditionally in the 50-60% range.

1 Like