SallyEppcot's Trip Thread (Nov 2014)

:frowning: itā€™ll be okay. Things always seem bad when weā€™re tired and ready to go to sleep, but have a way of working themselves out overnight. I just had that discussion with DS last night, and he told me I was right this morning. If a 10 year old said it, you know it must be true. Hang in there, momma!!

6 Likes

oh no! they will be fine!
one thing I did before my last trip (as I left in the wee hours too) was leave a note on their wardrobe where they could see it telling them I loved them and a little crazy face! and a little pressie too, but I was going for two weeks 10,500 miles away. I had the guilts. itā€™s normal!
Theyā€™ll be fine and enjoy the one on one time with their dad whilst youā€™re gone.

5 Likes

@SallyEppcot I canā€™t believe itā€™s finally here! And Iā€™m looking forward to following along here too, even though Iā€™ll be living a lot of it with you. Thanks for sending me the link.

Iā€™m sure your boys will do fine once they get started on the week. And theyā€™ll be super happy to see you on Saturday. I hope I donā€™t have a similar melt down with D in the morning. I donā€™t think he really grasps that I will be gone this long, but hopefully a little extra time with Grandma & Grandpa will ease the pain. I think I worry more about Mark than Duncan.

See you Tuesday (or maybe even Monday)!

5 Likes

Hi @kperantie. Iā€™ll see you soon! Why arenā€™t you sleeping? Why am I not sleeping? These are good questions.

TEll us everything you like about the whole Airport process first.

2 Likes

Safe travels @SallyEppcot!

2 Likes

Iā€™m at the airport! Everything went smoothly, except the not sleeping part. I did get a few good hours, and I often donā€™t sleep well, do I think Iā€™ll be fine.

I got out of bed at 3:40, was out of the shower and dressed at 4:00 and had time to eat some breakfast, drink my tea and add a few things to my suitcaseā€¦as you do. I left the house at 4:40, was parked and in the shuttle by 5:00, and am already through check in and security. Itā€™s 5:25 now. I wonā€™t be getting off the plane for 5 hours, so I have a few snacks in my bag. I canā€™t decide if I should buy something to eat for 2nd breakfast/lunch. Thoughts?

15 Likes

Oh I love this. Itā€™s like we are all with you.
My thoughts on second breakie would be a yes but that depends on the type of snacks you have with you.

5 Likes

I have a granola bar and some crackers. Iā€™ll wander around and see what I can find. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have fun, @SallyEppcot ! I cannot wait to hear more. :grin:

4 Likes

I always think more snacks are better than not enough. I hate being starved while stuck in the germ capsule.

Did you take your Airborne??

8 Likes

Looking forward to following along now that the time has finally arrived for you :slight_smile:

PS I am still half asleep and first read your comment as ā€œI donā€™t take off for five hoursā€ I was like WOW she really wanted to get to the airport early.

5 Likes

Read it the same way myself. Awake for 2 hrs, but just caffeinating, and it hasnā€™t hit/awakened my brain yet!

4 Likes

5 hour flight. Iā€™ll probably get on the plane in the next 20 minutes. I have a bag with a sandwich, some sun chips, a bottle of water, a granola bar and some crackers. I think I have plenty now.

I donā€™t want to have to stop for food at the Orlando airport or POFQ. Iā€™m sure FQ has good food, but Iā€™d rather go straight to MK for dinner.

15 Likes

Safe travels! Ooh, a flight without kids - I hate flying, but I think without kids I would hate it a bit less!

8 Likes

Whatā€™s for dinner at MK today???

3 Likes

I donā€™t blame you there. Trip doesnā€™t start until you see the castle :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be following along!! Although, really, Iā€™m more interested in the days starting on the 7th. Cuz self absorbed like that myself. Lol.

10 Likes

Iā€™ll be waving at the sky as you fly overhead! Thanks for taking us with you! Have a great flight!

5 Likes

Safe travels! Iā€™m so excited for you. Thanks for letting us follow along.

4 Likes